Audi to drop WEC

Shady Speedway

I hear Audi is done with Endurance racing. Said they will wrap it up at the end of 2016. They will turn their efforts to Formula E instead.

No more WEC and no more Le Mans. Their DTM will remain, but they say the future is electric race cars. No job losses reported, so they will be putting some serious kit together for Formula E?

Audi changed endurance racing with their R8 prototype in 2000. It bought a new level of reliability, durability and modularity. It won Le Mans 4 out of 5 attempts I seem to remember?

So happy to have seen them there a few years ago. But a sad day nether the less.

Porsche has lost it's greatest modern day rivals.

Thrown their toys out of the pram after getting hammered by Porsche ay? ;)  Shame though.

The day I watch another Formula E race, is the day my time on this planet is up! That has to be THE most boring crap I've ever watched for 6 minutes and 30 seconds, then they pull into the pits to change cars because the batteries go flat!! :D

People can say whatever they like about racing electric cars 'Is the way of the future' I really don't care.  You might as well just stay home with a Scalextric set!  Wonder if Elon Musk will enter his autonomous thing? :rolleyes:  

WEC costs Audi 1/2 billion dollars per year. Do we think that is money well spent , and does that mean people pay a bit more than they should for their euroblobs?

Maybe 1/2 billion is peanuts to them , though the 20 billion dieselgate hit must be hurting.

Yay for e racing!!!

I hear Audi is done with Endurance racing. Said they will wrap it up at the end of 2016. They will turn their efforts to Formula E instead.

No more WEC and no more Le Mans. Their DTM will remain, but they say the future is electric race cars. No job losses reported, so they will be putting some serious kit together for Formula E?

Audi changed endurance racing with their R8 prototype in 2000. It bought a new level of reliability, durability and modularity. It won Le Mans 4 out of 5 attempts I seem to remember?

So happy to have seen them there a few years ago. But a sad day nether the less.

Porsche has lost it's greatest modern day rivals.

Sore losers.

Always wondered why VW Group would race against themselves.  No doubt some marketing boffins thought petrol v diesel and Audi v Porsche made sense.

if Audi's future is electric racing, then I doubt I'll ever watch an Audi race car again!  Boring as batshit (I assume - never watched FE)

Sad to see Audi move on ,,the rivalry between them and Porsche was a good thing and made for entertaining racing ,,,,,Mate you are right about formula E it truly is a none spectator event ,,,,the lack of engine noise is just wrong its like watching a great rock band play while on MUTE ......^_^

Archived