Has anyone bought dust only carcover recently?

Philbee

Hi there,

ive recently gone into autobarn and super cheap auto looking for a basic light dust cover, you know the thin parachute fabric style that's only good for a bit of dust protection. I bought one from autobarn a yr or 2 ago for about  $30 and happy with it.... Gone in again recently and they only stock a cheap paper, plastic version of it.... Yuk! Instead of a soft fabric feel it's scrunchy and has a plastic feel to it... It's horrid and I'm sure would dull my duco....

surely I don't need to now go  spend major sheckles ($) on some exotic Egyptian silk hand woven in a Persian temple by a religious order of celibate monks...?

anyone know of a local shop that still stocks a simple dust cover?

I'd avoid non cotton covers as they can cause micro scratches.

I know they're expensive but I use the Porches  ones.  Great fit but again, you're paying for them ...

+1. I'm a fan of those too. 

IMG_3170_zps5j8kcx8k.jpg

Philbee, these are what you want... I've had 2 in the past and about to buy my third for my 997... great for indoors only though...

http://sportique.com.au/product-category/car-covers/show-covers/

yes, I have one of those already, very comfy in the winter but I find it sweats a  little in winter. So to clarify, want a light parachute style fabric. 

I'd avoid non cotton covers as they can cause micro scratches.

I know they're expensive but I use the Porches  ones.  Great fit but again, you're paying for them ...

hugh & skidmarks... Yep, they're the ones but I called PCB today... Ouch! A bit pricey... Will think about that one.

hugh, love the pic! Man cave garage heaven! I am not worthy.

yes, I have one of those already, very comfy in the winter but I find it sweats a  little in winter. So to clarify, want a light parachute style fabric. 

hugh & skidmarks... Yep, they're the ones but I called PCB today... Ouch! A bit pricey... Will think about that one.

hugh, love the pic! Man cave garage heaven! I am not worthy.

Like I said, you're paying for them ...

Big cotton fitted sheet is as good as. 

Thanks for all the feedback...  I really liked the idea of the "el cheapo" option of a bed sheet or 2 and I looked at a few custom cover websites here in Australia, also a definite option.... And the Porsche cover with pic from Hugh was very inspiring. I showed Hugh's pic to my girlfriend and she said "get the Porsche one honey" and then I said, it's 600 bucks!... Silence prevailed.

then we had an epiphany... Mrs. philbee is going to Europe next week for work. Hmmm, p-cover prices could be cheaper over there... A quick google and there's a p-centre 20mins from her hotel. Another google and email sent for a price check on aisle 3. Whacko, p-cover is 244 euro. Well, actually it's 298 eu  but you can claim back the 22% vat when you leave to come home.

money transfer just sent, paid up! Pickup next week hopefully if I can rely on the Italians to do the right thing between espresso breaks. Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...

Well, Mrs philbee has returned  from her to trip to Rome and inspired by @hugh I'm now the proud parent of a bouncing baby porsche cover....

23FC15AE-18A3-4BC9-9E22-8C5F356BC90F_zps

the bad news was, the invoice got written in my name and when Mrs.philbee went to claim the vat tax back at the airport, they said to her, "oo iz zis philippe?"  Oh well, lost out on about $90.

The cover is a rippa, thanks Hugh!!

Hi there,

ive recently gone into autobarn and super cheap auto looking for a basic light dust cover, you know the thin parachute fabric style that's only good for a bit of dust protection. I bought one from autobarn a yr or 2 ago for about  $30 and happy with it.... Gone in again recently and they only stock a cheap paper, plastic version of it.... Yuk! Instead of a soft fabric feel it's scrunchy and has a plastic feel to it... It's horrid and I'm sure would dull my duco....

surely I don't need to now go  spend major sheckles ($) on some exotic Egyptian silk hand woven in a Persian temple by a religious order of celibate monks...?

anyone know of a local shop that still stocks a simple dust cover?

Check these out:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/category/COVERSXTRI.html

Hi Guys.

We import the Auto-Pyjama car covers from Germany.  Fleece lined on the inside so they don't scratch the paint.  We use them in our storage facility too:

http://www.affordableclassics.com.au/accessories?product_id=56

Price is $275 plus shipping from Canberra.  I only have Blue in stock at the moment but can get other colour in on order.

Archived