I'm on the Bot

Niko

I am hoping to get my wheels painted early in the new year.  

I really don't want to leave the car up on stands so I am wondering if anyone has a set of CAYMAN wheels with tyres  that I can borrow while/when I get mine painted.

I won't be driving the car so tyre condition is not a factor.

Probably looking at getting them painted in the third or fourth week of January.

Obviously I will come and pick them up and return them, when I get mine back on.

I'm also hoping to have them off, painted and back on within a week.

The closer to Carrum Downer the better, but happy to travel a bit.

Nico, I have a spare set of 17 inch 928 wheels with tyres on them you are welcome to use - the stud pattern and size should be fine, they are cup 1s so I think they will clear the calipers - I will go check the sizes mid week (storage locker ) and let you know. You can use them as long as you need them - I'll meet you have way over a coffee, probably over the Xmas break if they will fit

Dave

Thanks Dave and Rod, appreciate that.   I might save you the trouble of going to the storage  etc Dave, and borrow the Boxster ones from Rod.   They should definitely go on I would think.

Rod,  if I could pm you during January and organise it then that would be great.

thanks again gents.

Thanks Dave and Rod, appreciate that.   I might save you the trouble of going to the storage  etc Dave, and borrow the Boxster ones from Rod.   They should definitely go on I would think.

Rod,  if I could pm you during January and organise it then that would be great.

thanks again gents.

No problems Niko.

Thanks Fraz, I have the Boxster set from Rod which will do the job, but again, thanks for the offer.   

Rocco,... I am going to get them done in the graphite black colour.   

There is a Porsche name for it, (which I can't remember off the top of my head)  but it is the same as Chris's GT4 coloured wheels.

Haven't gone into the how much and where and who yet, but will do that early new year

• 4 weeks later...

Just made a few enquiries and have decided to go with a company called Advanced Alloy Wheels in Moorabbin.

They actually take the car for three days.   Remove the wheels, and tyres, clean the wheels repair if necessary (not in my case) 

Paint the wheels (powder coat) then replace tyres, re balance wheels and fit wheels back to car, with torque wrench and hand tightening.

All for the grand sum of $260.00 per wheel.

Pretty happy with that.   Saves a lot of buggerising around

Thanks for the offer of help with the wheel swap Rod, but obviously I will be right now, also all the other offers of help, and also your input re a possible premises Fraz.

as long as they look after the car and I'm sure they will, sounds like a great service.

Booked in for 30th of Jan.   Woo Hoooooo. 

Just made a few enquiries and have decided to go with a company called Advanced Alloy Wheels in Moorabbin.

They actually take the car for three days.   Remove the wheels, and tyres, clean the wheels repair if necessary (not in my case) 

Paint the wheels (powder coat) then replace tyres, re balance wheels and fit wheels back to car, with torque wrench and hand tightening.

All for the grand sum of $260.00 per wheel.

Pretty happy with that.   Saves a lot of buggerising around

Thanks for the offer of help with the wheel swap Rod, but obviously I will be right now, also all the other offers of help, and also your input re a possible premises Fraz.

as long as they look after the car and I'm sure they will, sounds like a great service.

Booked in for 30th of Jan.   Woo Hoooooo. 

I was highly recommended to them by a friend in the trade so think you're onto a winner there Niko, usually around 400 a wheel for what you're having done and for repairing wheels as well I was told ... bet it makes your tooth feel better. and your knee. and your itchiness. Sucks feelin old Niko

Image result for my big fat greek wedding memes

Very good price Niko - and convenient. What are you doing with the plastic Centre caps? Do they paint them also?

good question, I actually forgot to ask about them, but I'm thinking they should paint up ok around the emblem.  Worse case scenario, I will buy a set from PCM in the colour that is a P wheel colour.   Plus I will then get the coloured emblem with that set of caps.

I was highly recommended to them by a friend in the trade so think you're onto a winner there Niko, usually around 400 a wheel for what you're having done and for repairing wheels as well I was told ... bet it makes your tooth feel better. and your knee. and your itchiness. Sucks feelin old Niko

thanks Sandy, I was pleasantly surprised at the price, for what they do.

ill certainly post up a report on the outcome 

Ha ha, yes it has eased the discomfort a tad.

cheers

You might be shocked at the price of those centers

I thought that they might be like that

...I really think they should be able to spray around the current logo on the caps, I think they will be ok..... 

I thought that they might be like that

...I really think they should be able to spray around the current logo on the caps, I think they will be ok..... 

I picked up some centres on eBay a few years back Niko, seem to remember a few sets on there and priced ok as well

Archived