anyone looking at putting a Singer order in for Xmas?

turboT

Was lucky enough to go to their factory earlier this year which is in a wasteland of dusty LA industrial razor wired shops. Very close by is a company called LA dismantler which I occasionally source a parts from. Playing around on their site this morning and they have a 964 2 for sale for less than $40kUS - The perfect platform for a Singer and they could personally deliver your donor to Singer in about 60 seconds. 

Maybe in the two year waiting/build time you might actually be able to import it.....should be cheap as it will be a LHD dodgey import too :ph34r:

http://www.ladismantler.com/1990-porsche-911-964-red-carrera-2-coupe-manual-2wd-transmission/

Little Ozzie battlers always believing we punch big beyond our weight, though on numerous issues, creative sector and design investment,  social index and refugee issues even swinging big on nuclear and now a singer by many a metric you'd say NZ is out performing  oz 

• 3 weeks later...

TurboT, how did you get to visit Singer? I'll be in LA in Feb and emailed Singer twice a month ago about a visit and have had no reply. I'm guessing with their tiny size and huge reputation that getting them to actually build a car for you would be pretty much impossible.

TurboT, how did you get to visit Singer? I'll be in LA in Feb and emailed Singer twice a month ago about a visit and have had no reply. I'm guessing with their tiny size and huge reputation that getting them to actually build a car for you would be pretty much impossible.

I enquired about getting a car built about 2 years ago and so had all robs contact details. Reached out and they were happy to show me around. Last time I was there there was an  8 month waiting list to start a car and I think the build is about 8 months. If you are serious about wanting to get a car built PM me your details and I will reach out for you.

I enquired about getting a car built about 2 years ago and so had all robs contact details. Reached out and they were happy to show me around. Last time I was there there was an  8 month waiting list to start a car and I think the build is about 8 months. If you are serious about wanting to get a car built PM me your details and I will reach out for you.

Thanks turboT :)

Archived