Chassis number 34

Skidmarks

Chassis number 34.  Still doing DD but am sure its the real thing.

Actually a 912.

Lots of rust, most bits come with it, LHD (so no buyers in Oz ...) and I'm in for a drivable concourse resto.

Holy Mother of Ferdinand!

Signal Red.

Stay tuned boys and girls.

I'd be doing a lot of research on that, yet best of luck if it's correct. Roni. are you there?

Before 911 production commenced in 1964, the Porsche Vehicle Research Department had set aside chassis numbers 13328, 13329, 13330, 13352, and 13386 through 13397 for research testing of the 902; research vehicle Serial Number 13394 is the oldest 902 known to exist today.

I'd be doing a lot of research on that, yet best of luck if it's correct. Roni. are you there?

Before 911 production commenced in 1964, the Porsche Vehicle Research Department had set aside chassis numbers 13328, 13329, 13330, 13352, and 13386 through 13397 for research testing of the 902; research vehicle Serial Number 13394 is the oldest 902 known to exist today.

Absolutely.  Any tips and traps assistance welcome. 

350xxx chassis numbers are the Porsche built cars and roughly the first 700 are model year 1965.

Karmann built cars are chassis numbers 450xxx and dont rate as significant as the above.

There were no MY64 912 cars

Chassis number 34.  Still doing DD but am sure its the real thing.

Actually a 912.

Lots of rust, most bits come with it, LHD (so no buyers in Oz ...) and I'm in for a drivable concourse resto.

Holy Mother of Ferdinand!

Signal Red.

Stay tuned boys and girls.

Your mid-week quaff juice will need to be downgraded from Hill of Grace to Bin 28? 

350xxx chassis numbers are the Porsche built cars and roughly the first 700 are model year 1965.

Karmann built cars are chassis numbers 450xxx and dont rate as significant as the above.

There were no MY64 912 cars

Hey 9er.  Thank you.

So, the 4th digit for a 65 car would be "5" followed by 2 digits if it was one of the first 99 cars built?

Still a very cool find - envious. Hope you can secure it

Did the deal tonight subject to eyeballing it. 

i'll post some pictures. You shall then all ooohhhh. And aahhhhhh. And snigger.  And take pity on me. And PM each other with "shite, he's lost it"  - and with considerable justification    

Did the deal tonight subject to eyeballing it. 

i'll post some pictures. You shall then all ooohhhh. And aahhhhhh. And snigger.  And take pity on me. And PM each other with "shite, he's lost it"  - and with considerable justification    

You're saving it, so that's a good thing regardless of what it's like. Nice one mate, congrats

Archived