Jag adds 4-cyl F-type to their model lineup.

Apogee

My father in law has a collection of Jaguar from all different years  ,,mid 60,s to 2016,,,,,, his latest purchase was the supercharged V6 version of the F Type  and I must say the shape and lines of the car are just beautiful it looks fast just standing still and has a very aggressive yet elegant stance ,,,,and the interior is also a very lovely place to be ,,I was totally impressed ,,,jaguar has come a long way in the paste decade or so and the F type is stunning  GT car 

If you want more go , and the $100k+ for a 4 cylinder car seems a perfectly sane decision , you'd stump up a bit extra and go the V6 , surely?

Jag are going for the "clean green eco friendly" model as per other makers. 

Top Gear will have a bit of fun with it, and I daresay tuners will have a go. Especially once depreciation mode kicks in.

No doubting how good these cars look but for me you would like a sports car to look good and sound great can you do that with a 4cyl?

Sounds like a particular Porsche that was released last year ;) 

From my experience at driving my father in laws F type the is with out a doubt a GT car It didn,t feel like a sports car to me its too refined ,,the Super charged V6 has a good growl about it when the car is in sports plus and you get on it the exhaust cracks and pops ,,,,the gearbox is an 8 speed Auto with a manual paddle shift mode ,,,not a proper dual clutch like PDK ,,but the box is very smooth and refined and does the job well my only complaint is in Auto mode it changes gear a lot ,,no big drama just something I picked up on early ,,,,,car is quieter inside than my 997 and a lot less tire noise even though its tires were of similar size to my 997....the car felt very long to me an I felt like I was sitting in the back seat at first ,,,the long bonnet was a little off putting for me also as I was sitting up to sort of gauge the front corners of the car ,, I am sure you would get used to that in a couple of days just different because none of my cars have a bonnet that long and it was something that was apparent to me straight away  ,,,Steering not as sharp as my 911 and the car does feel heavy,,,,suspension not as stiff either even on sport plus ,,,but it is a very comfortable and refined ride the suspension soaks up the bumps well on our shitty roads ,still loads of grip and it is well planted to the road ,it is more of a point and shot car ,,,the Supercharged V6 had plenty of performance the car didn,t feel under powered ,I don,t know if you would even want the monster V8,,,build quality every bit as good as Porsche and in some aspects like interior leather quality was better than my 997, the interior really is a quality finish and I love the door handles ....As a GT car I think it is better than a 997 and was certainly well equipped ,It is a nice cabin to be in and a long distance drive say Sydney To Melbourne would be a joy   ........As a drivers car or a weekend adrenaline rush car driving on tight back roads for a buzz ........  NO the F type just isn,t that but I do not believe Jaguar ever intended it to be ,,,,its a sexy car to look at and you get a lot for you money ,,I would rather one over a Merc or BMW ,,,,just on the looks alone they are sexy 

Archived