Opinions here are freely offered.

Looking for advice on

upgrade clutch for light track use

flywheel

short shift kit

upgrade shift bushes

someone who reconditions torque tubes

cheers Michel

Solid bushings: http://www.elephantracing.com/suspension/monoballs/944weathersealedmonoballs.htm

Clutch & flywheel: http://www.specclutch.com/ i have the stage 3+ and its good.  (probably overkill for an N/A) very grabby though. Email them, speak to david norton. Good guy has a 944 LS swap. You get a whole aluminium flywheel and clutch. it may chatter though. 

TT recondition. http://www.buchananautomotive.com.au/       @Buchanan Automotive 

Buchanan automotive won't take on any outside work.

aside from other P shops anyone had success with any another shop doing t torque tube rebuild. Also is in real world, is super bearing worth the spend over std 

Buchanan automotive won't take on any outside work.

aside from other P shops anyone had success with any another shop doing t torque tube rebuild. Also is in real world, is super bearing worth the spend over std 

If you have the tools, you can replace the bearings yourself. But if you're going to replace them, the super bearings will be easier to install and get right. 

Yep putting in an order for super bearings.

Seems no one in Oz has a flywheel ? Before I go ordering O/S anyone hoarding one?

same for all  shift linkafes bushes n parts required . Lever to the box 

looking forward to driving this once all work finished

Seems no one in Oz has a flywheel ? Before I go ordering O/S anyone hoarding one?

Hi Michel,

I am also thinking about ordering some Super Bearings for a TT rebuild - please let me know how you go with them.  Are you ordering 3 or 4 bearings?  I see they say 3 is "enough" for a normal street car 4 is recommended for heavy work & racing.

Hey Michel

Suggest you try Lart's Parts in the US

https://www.facebook.com/larts.parts/

I've had a few good deals from him - he's certainly THE 944 parts man in the US.

BTW JasonE, maybe Lart's worth a try for a TT...

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michel, 

Didn't see this thread until now. FWIW I have been running a Fidanza lifhtweight flywheel and HD pressure plate in my 951 since 2002 and it has worked well. 

Constantine is preparing an invoice for me for Superbearings. We've had a few phone calls over the past week to talk about my requirements. I'm going with the rubber (vice steel) shielded bearings.

In my quest to nail as much vibration as possible I've also ordered the only944 needle bearing based shifter to conpensate for the (limited) play between my current shift lever and the shift tube it connects to.

Are you able to remove your own TT?

In my quest to nail as much vibration as possible I've also ordered the only944 needle bearing based shifter to conpensate for the limited play....

Kelly: Why is this so, is this to do with the HD pressure plate throw. 

No, nothing to do with the pressure plate. I have a vibration issue which arose after reinstalling my engine & transaxle recently. I believe it to be TT related and I am about to address that but have also decided to address a few other contributors to excessive vibration/noise at the same time.

Kelly

Have you tried posting  this balance issue on the forum? Maybe someone else has had this same balance problem after reinstalling the engine & transaxle. 

No, I haven't really felt a need to do so. I'm aware of the likely causes and I'm comfortable with working my way through them. Over the past week or so I've also had some conversations with Sean & Constantine and we are in agreeance about probable cause based on some observations and checks I've already made. 

Kelly

It would be good to hear the details about your fix once you have it sorted. Good luck with it.

Brian

Thank you, hopefully I'll know more by the time the weekend is over. 

Archived