My New 944

SteveF

Thanks everyone for your comments.

It looks like historic rego may not be done until Monday which is a bugger so looks like this weekend will be a major clean and polish. Pictures to follow once complete.

It looks like historic rego may not be done until Monday which is a bugger so looks like this weekend will be a major clean and polish. Pictures to follow once complete.

I hear you are a master polisher Steve :ph34r:, looking forward to seeing your work before and after.

It'll be a good chance to get to know your new purchase, every bump and scratch.

I hear you are a master polisher Steve :ph34r:, looking forward to seeing your work before and after.

It'll be a good chance to get to know your new purchase, every bump and scratch.

I agree, washing a car is a great way to get to know it. I have often thought when buying a car of asking the owner if he/she would mind if I washed it as part of the buying process because you find all sorts of things that you may not have picked up otherwise. Might get a strange look if I did that though!

I agree, washing a car is a great way to get to know it. I have often thought when buying a car of asking the owner if he/she would mind if I washed it as part of the buying process because you find all sorts of things that you may not have picked up otherwise. Might get a strange look if I did that though!

Feel fee to come and look at my cars with the intent of buying them ... wash away my friend!!

I might rreverse the process and then decide not to sell, but I won't tell you that til after your "thorough" process ... :ph34r: 

Mines dirty right now;)

Congratulations on the new purchase. I was exactly the same the first night I got mine.  I did spend a few hours sitting in a chair just taking in the gorgeous shape and I still look back every single time I have parked her since then. I have no doubt you are going to enjoy your time behind the wheel too :)

I spent most of the day giving the car a thorough clean inside and out with a vaccum, wash, clay bar and wax. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were only a few items such as seals around the rear hatch keyhole and door handles and seat recliner knobs which need replacing. The carpets have come up looking good. The body is in great condition with the original paint. A bit of a polish will bring it up nicely. For a 32 year old (it was built in late '85 for the '86 model year so one of the first of the new interior) I am very pleased. Here are some more pictures.

IMG_13841_zpswaxl45oc.jpg

IMG_13761_zpsqa7wwhiq.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the shark fin protectors where meant to be on this model and are they in the right position?

IMG_13741_zpsjftgybcz.jpg

The interior colour is growing on me. Very 80's Porsche cool!! The front and rear seats have been redone sometime in the past but not with the original pattern. It should have the same material which appears on the doors in the middle of the seat with burgundy coloured bolsters. I'm looking into sourcing the material for this at the moment. The dash is cracked under the dash mat so that will stay there for a while until I can get that done. Other than that it looks very tidy and everything electric seems to work.

IMG_13771_zpsxyy7kr7l.jpg

IMG_13681_zps2dqoraot.jpg

IMG_13791_zpsa3rfhmz4.jpg

With Dreamr's underworld connections, he was able to pick up my historic plates and deliver them to me this afternoon (thanks mate) so I was able to go for my first drive, albeit a quick one. First impressions are fantastic. It is very smooth to and a quiet cruiser. Whilst it may not be the fastest, although it did pull strongly when required, the handling is amazing and very surefooted in the twisties. I am looking forward to taking it for a longer drive on Tuesday to get to know it better.

The stone guards are off a 911. Some ppl like them and I have seen a couple of pics of 944's with them before but personally I prefer the original 944 ones. I think they were just in clear from the factory(probably wrong) but you can buy black 944 ones online. There is no right or wrong, it is just a matter of what looks good to you

Archived