Autohaus Hamilton Newsletter

JustJames

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The project car gets its new boots. And they are awesome!

Starting at the end, one of the wheels mounted on the car.

Wheel1_zps7ab80349.jpg

A close up of the centre lock nut,

Wheel2_zpsa98f9fe4.jpg

What? You want a closer look? Well, OK then.

Wheel3_zps4e6ee276.jpg

Behind the scenes look at the hub adapter, with five drive pegs for the wheel.

Wheel5_zps0d514af2.jpg

First question...

Have you entered the competition?

944164_483279081745277_648312161_n.jpg

Grant briefing the troops this morning so that everybody knows what to do at Rennsport this weekend. I suspect that there will be more conversations of this nature over the next few days.

Despite appearances, the car with the mahoosive wing is not doing a flypast. If you look closely you will see that it is on a hoist.

No prizes this time, but here is a slightly obscure pic of one the cars that will be on display (and doing demo laps, I believe) at Rennsport

(ETA - I put the pic up on the Autohaus Hamilton FB page, and somebody correctly identified the car within 2 minutes of my post going up!)

947018_483748021698383_691651155_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you Amanda, I am pleased and proud to read your comment. I have an interest here.

As I have posted elsewhere I have no commercial connection to AutoHaus Hamilton but they have serviced my 911 for around 25 years.  That is a fine recommendation; - while I enjoy a long relationship with them, Grant and I share no more than mutual respect and friendship. 

JustJames is a member of a 'motoring' family and he and Grant set up their own spare parts division in order to supply OEM parts to their clients at fair prices. 

One of his brothers finished his Master's degree in communications just as the GFC was at its peak (or trough, take your preference).  At the time, no one was hiring fresh graduates when they could hire people with some years' experience who had been made redundant for the same salary.  So JustJames's brother set up his own practice and works as an advisor and contributor to a number of organisations, including AutoHaus Hamilton.  It is he who does their social media stuffs.

Members of this forum may also be interested in websites like the HSRCA and Motorsport Retro where they will find contributions and amusing photography from JustJames's brother (his name is Seth).  Seth's professional photography is unlike the usual depictions of cars going sideways or exiting the scene stage left (or right).  He captures the people, the 'mood', the camaraderie and the exotic machinery. 

Another of JustJames's many brothers does website creation.  And yes, I am proud of my sons and I have very many of them.  I can advise that I have found out what was causing them and now try not to cause any more.

see here

or here

Also, this is a proud plug; should you need any such services pm me and I shall put you in touch with them.  Or them in touch with you as you may prefer.

Archived