Pedal offset question - water cooled cars

HI All,

So as a bit of history,  i have a RHD 914 that due to autoimmune back and hip issues,  is becoming hard to drive because of the pedal offset to the left.

The person i bought her off about 6 years ago is wanting to buy her back ( and ship to the UK ),  so all things going ok with import approval at his end,  she will soon be off to Old Blighty.

Now i need to find a replacement,  one that has a more central driving position.

And is RHD,  just to answer that question   :)

And also an auto sadly.....

Price wise,  my ceiling is 50k,  but i would like to spend less if possible.

So ive been looking at the idea of a 996,  or a 987 or later Boxster.,  and even 928's and 968's .

The most likely purchase though, would be a Boxster at the moment.

Ive googled,  searched in here and most other forums,  and im still a bit confused.

Can someone please let me know if i will have issues with either of those choices,  and if there was a shift of pedal position,  when did it occur.

Im not going to start physically looking at cars until Violet is on the boat,  but i dont want to spend the next month or so wasting time researching something that just wont suit me in the end.

Cheers

Dale

Pedal position in the water cooled cars is nothing like rhd aircooled cars. It is straight on as you'd expect. You should be able to get a good 996 tip or later boxster for your spend. 

The boxster would be most like the spiritual successor to your 914!

It seems 996's have increased a bit in price lately (I too have an interest in them at the moment, so I've been quietly looking around). I've also noticed the higher priced cars are still not sold after months, yet the ones that are realisticly priced don't seem to hang around long. I'd much prefer a manual, though my dicky knee is getting dickier by the day, so an auto might unfortunately be on the cards if the 996 clutch is too heavy. There's a reddish coloured auto 996 on Ebay with GT3esque rims, lowered with good suspension etc for $38k which seems a decent car. Not my ultimate car or colour, yet its relatively cheap. There's a load of Caymans around for your kinda money too, yet if you want cheap, you probably can't go past a (gulp) Boxster

(did I just say that?) 

$36k actually

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/1998-Porsche-911-Carrera-/192061791372?hash=item2cb7c65c8c%3Ag%3AbdsAAOSw4DJYe~og&_trkparms=pageci%3A9dd265c6-3a47-11e7-9a37-74dbd180eff9%7Cparentrq%3A11c12f6415c0ab644d044446ffff2642%7Ciid%3A2

It's owned by someone on here Lee, forget who, been discussed a little months back and been on Ebay etc for many many months.... It's no doubt a good car but I've seen many other similar ones go in the meantime for a fair bit less - sorry brother who owns it but I'm tipping it needs about a 10 - 12 percent haircut on the asking price to achieve a sale at $30k ... it's Ks plus Auto that's the culprit....

Thanks Guys,  puts my mind at lease a bit.

Yes,  i have seen that car too,  but the km's are too high for me.

I dont mind a car thats been well used, but just a few too many there,  and the  colour does nothing for me.

Silver,  dark blue or black.   :)

It's owned by someone on here Lee, forget who, been discussed a little months back and been on Ebay etc for many many months.... It's no doubt a good car but I've seen many other similar ones go in the meantime for a fair bit less - sorry brother who owns it but I'm tipping it needs about a 10 - 12 percent haircut on the asking price to achieve a sale at $30k ... it's Ks plus Auto that's the culprit....

Aaaah ok. I'm not well edumacated on these things yet, and hadn't checked the mileage

Aaaah ok. I'm not well edumacated on these things yet, and hadn't checked the mileage

Watch out for those PFA stickers mate.. dangerous folks.. look like enthusiast , sound like enthusiast  but.....

Just watch it.. and the Moderators..

Archived