Wevo or RS Engine mounts

Chris-p

Hi Everyone,

Was wasting a bit time time last night just looking around at stuff and noticed that quite a few people on other forums had changed engine mounts with some good results. Several were saying it was the best mod they had done to their cars. Just curious has anyone changed their mounts to Wevo or RS or something else and what benefits if any did they notice?

Cheers

Chris

Haha, thanks James. Interesting about using the Turbo mounts hadn't heard that mentioned but sounds like a good alternative. The Wevo type seem to get a very good wrap and they now have a softer alternative in their range rather than the really hard core type. be interested to here some comments about the results from changing the engine mounts if any of the forum guys have done this.

Steve Porter have you??

Theo any plans??

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, I first tried the Wevo Soft mounts which I felt were a bit harsh.( I still have them if you would like to try them ) The RS mounts would be my recommendation. very little change in NVH but the arse end definitely feels more planted.

I'm with Steve on this Chris.

Am seriously looking at the RS mounts. From all accounts the back end is more planted and the clutch feel a lot better.

Oh......forget about the clutch comment!!!

If you go down that path tell me and maybe we can save some os freight.

Hi Steve and Theo,

Thanks for the answers thats really helpful Steve on your thoughts on the Wevo mounts. Will have a look at the RS type. That's a good idea Theo , re the freight. Let you know when I am ready to go....

Have some other things to do first like mufflers and suspension....

Cheers

Chris

Have some other things to do first like mufflers and suspension....

Cheers

Chris

You can't say things like this and expect them to get under the radar.

Out with it Chris......... which muffers and suspension???

Haha, I wondered if it would get noticed.... I am going for the fister stage 2 and think after talking to you I will go with the pss10

Had it in getting quotes on getting the front end resprayed today. Thought I would get stuck into it during winter while there isn't much opportunity to drive it.

Ha, thanks Vas. Made the decision to hang onto it for the foreseeable future so thought I would do some upgrades that should make a bit of a diff to how it drives and the driving experience.

Also so I can keep up a bit better on our SMT's. :) :)

C

Theo, do I remember right that you did urethane wish bone bushes as well? Do they squeak?

Steve did you do bushes when you did your suspension?

C

I haven't done my bushes ,they felt fine last time I checked

Haha, I wondered if it would get noticed.... I am going for the fister stage 2 and think after talking to you I will go with the pss10

Had it in getting quotes on getting the front end resprayed today. Thought I would get stuck into it during winter while there isn't much opportunity to drive it.

Get a price from FD for both the Stage-2s and the PSS-10s.

You know it was raining on Sunday and the C4 loved the wet!!!!!!!!!!

There is NO winter.

Theo, do I remember right that you did urethane wish bone bushes as well? Do they squeak?

Steve did you do bushes when you did your suspension?

C

Yes I did the Walrod bushings. All accounts from members on another forum claim no squeek.

If you are worried put in the Elephant Racing sport hardness.

I've original Wevo (about 5 y.o.) mounts; they are stiff as. What I've noticed is:

More transmission noise, easily cured. (Open the windows.)

They seem to use the engine as a medium to tie the rear chassis arms together, so that the rear of the car is more rigid. The rear end equivalent of a strut brace, if you will. Makes the car a bit more predictable. If there is such a thing.

• 7 months later...

I've original Wevo (about 5 y.o.) mounts; they are stiff as. What I've noticed is:

More transmission noise, easily cured. (Open the windows.)

They seem to use the engine as a medium to tie the rear chassis arms together, so that the rear of the car is more rigid. The rear end equivalent of a strut brace, if you will. Makes the car a bit more predictable. If there is such a thing.

This with a RSR rear bar. Velly goods!

Archived