WTB one 2.7 cylinder

MFX

Hey guys,

I am searching out one reasonable condition 2.7 cylinder. I have 5 good ones and one that has too much detonation damage to be repaired. The cylinders are all getting bored out to 92mm and recoated, so some scoring is not a big issue. 

The engine work is getting done at Performance Developments in Costa Mesa, CA so that is where I need it to get to.

Thanks guys,

Jeff

so doesn't matter if they're nikasil or alusil at the moment? I think I might have one, i'll let you know soon

why not just get a set of 3.0 or 3.2 barrels if you're going to bore them?

Not sure on the sizes of the 3.0 or 3.2's on the 2.7 block, but I have all the others ready to go, along with the heads that are already done and everything else. 

I have put my feelers out in the US too, a that is where it needs to go, but I haven't heard anything as yet.

Probably a stupid question but have you tried Porsche Classic

I can buy a new one, but I want to save some cash if I can. Seeing as I have to pay to bore it and resurface it anyway, I would prefer someones junk...

I just posted a wanted ad on the R Gruppe Facebook page to see if anyone can help, and to reply to me with the details. Have also let them know who you are on Youtube, and to message you there

I put up a post on Pelican, and I got a few responses, but one of them was from Al Kosmal. So hopefully he is going to help me out. We will see how it goes.

Archived