WTB: Boxster 986 Coilovers/Suspension

TrevMcRev

Looking for suspension for the Boxrod.

Who has something non-stock in the shed?

Full set of coilovers would be great!

Sports struts and lowered springs ok too.

Recommendations welcome also.

I have a full set of new coilovers for a 996 that are no good to me if anyone else can use them....

Mine's got aftermarket torsion bars from Nine Plus, which was Nine Auto in a previous life. I think they're relatively the same stiffness as the OEM ones but just drop it down about 15mm. (I'm not completely sure on the specifics, there's no information I can find anywhere about them - they were on the car when I bought them). Lowering makes them look a little bit more beastly :)

Mine's got aftermarket torsion bars from Nine Plus, which was Nine Auto in a previous life.

You don't really mean torsion bars, do you?  They went out with the G series 911s.  Although... a coil spring is a wound-up torsion bar...;)

You don't really mean torsion bars, do you?  They went out with the G series 911s.  Although... a coil spring is a wound-up torsion bar...;)

Sway bars. I actually thought they were the same thing... ? I'm not too technical haha I'm not even sure thats how the car was lowered. Can you lower a car just with sway bars?

Sway bars. I actually thought they were the same thing... ? I'm not too technical haha I'm not even sure thats how the car was lowered. Can you lower a car just with sway bars?

Well, yes - sway bars are torsion bars, but they don't hold the car up - they just limit the amount of roll or "sway".

Well, yes - sway bars are torsion bars, but they don't hold the car up - they just limit the amount of roll or "sway".

So does that mean the springs on mine would have been changed. I had it checked out at PCM when I bought it, they only mentioned the aftermarket sway bars. I haven't been under the car to look...

Sorry Trev for hijackin your thread

I've got some gemballa boxster springs for sale

Thanks Russ..I'll keep that up my sleeve.

As my rear struts are cactus my pref is coilovers to solve the lot.

Do you know how much they lower by?

I put Bilstein PSS9's on mine a couple of months ago, has totally transformed the handling, both road & track. Bought through design 911 in U.K. Approx AUD$2700 landed $1500 cheaper than anywhere I could find in Aust. 

Thanks Russ..I'll keep that up my sleeve.

As my rear struts are cactus my pref is coilovers to solve the lot.

Do you know how much they lower by?

According to the internet 1.5 inches. They've never been fitted to a car so I haven't seen for myself

Archived