$1000 REWARD - FIND THE LOGBOOKS FOR MY 911 SC

mUkfEp1.jpg

Gents

Looking for your kind help!

I am offering a $1,000 reward for the bloke that finds the original log books for my 911SC. 

My car has done over 413,000kms, so she has been around the traps for a while.  I suspect the books were retained by a previous owner somewhere around the 300,000km milestone (as this is where the log book apparently stops). 

The details of my car are:

(1) Model/Year: Australian delivered 911 SC (1982);

(2) VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxx1902;

(3) Options: Guards Red; Sunroof; 16 inch Fuchs;

(4) History:

• (a) 2016 to Current: 
    • Owner: me;
    • State: NSW;
  • (b) 2013 to 2016: 
  • (c) 2007/8 to 2013: 
    • Owner: Geoff Podger (mid-80s gentleman);
    • State: Vic;
  • (d) unknown to 2007/2008:
    • Owner: unknown;
    • State: SA;
  • (e) unknown to unknown:

Any further details you can provide would be super helpful. 

Any don't forget - if you find the log books, and I purchase them from the owner, I'll give you $1,000 cold hard cash!! 

I hope you find them.

Cheers

JonoF

I've often thought the log books fof my car could realistically be worth several grand. I'm not kidding. The original paint would be worth twice that too.

Original air in original tyres commands a premium amongst the barnhunter crowd.
You can analyse the isotpes in the air to prove which year it originated.

The log books are in the garbage somewhere.  Probably got separated from the car, several years later found in a drawer during a house move and then tossed out with dusty unworn boots and rusty clothes airers.

But I wish you well.  I'd like the original 'window sticker' for my car.

The log books are in the garbage somewhere.  Probably got separated from the car, several years later found in a drawer during a house move and then tossed out with dusty unworn boots and rusty clothes airers.

But I wish you well.  I'd like the original 'window sticker' for my car.

Don't know about the window sticker but there is a company out there somewhere on the Interweb that will send you a replica registration sticker from the month and year that it was first registered including all of the typed information that would have been on it originally .....

I saw one on an old Ford at a car show and thought that it was a great addition to that original look .....

Don't know about the window sticker but there is a company out there somewhere on the Interweb that will send you a replica registration sticker from the month and year that it was first registered including all of the typed information that would have been on it originally .....

I saw one on an old Ford at a car show and thought that it was a great addition to that original look .....

and reproduction Vin stickers.

and even grinding  off the "pilkington" stamp ona window so it can be passed off as new 

grey line between fraud and history

Original air in original tyres commands a premium amongst the barnhunter crowd.You can analyse the isotpes in the air to prove which year it originated.

I used to tell apprentices you shouldn't breath the air that comes out of the tyres from cars built in Asia. "That shit can have bird flu in it, you dont want to be catching that"

I can still picture one poor kid with his head over his sholder. While he was deflating tyres to the correct pressure during a pre-delivery on a Hyundai.

You can analyse the isotpes in the air to prove which year it originated.

The challenge is putting the air you test  back in if it is found to be factory issue.

No, I was in Sydney for work and it was parked directly opposite a clients place.... Love the gold wheels btw

Are you an architect? I saw a few boxsters driving around on Sunday. ;) 

Are you an architect? I saw a few boxsters driving around on Sunday. ;) 

Haha! No I have my own business selling  Bang & Olufsen. I was at someone's house on a buying exercise 

Archived