FEP Society reminder

brian in buddina

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall be ridding myself of the air cooled menace on Saturday. However, if not until the afternoon. May I attend in a Cayenne which is both front engined and in need of preservation?

@JasonE wanna convoy?

I've just sat down after fiddling with my AFR in preparation for Saturday. Installed new tyres yesterday, might squeeze in a wash tomorrow afternoon. Now I just need a dose of mechanical luck during the drive and we'll be sorted.

I've just sat down after fiddling with my AFR in preparation for Saturday. Installed new tyres yesterday, might squeeze in a wash tomorrow afternoon. Now I just need a dose of mechanical luck during the drive and we'll be sorted.

Should I load tools or a tow strap? sleeping bag, tent, eski epirb...

perhaps a box of matches??

I have a car trailer at home. If it all goes pear shaped I'll call the cavalry and trailer it home. I've been shaking it down over the last fortnight, think I should be right however one never really knows ...

Do appreciate everyone travelling to Moore... it's kind of in my back yard which will make recovery easier if the fan is hit.

won't need matches with 30 plus year old cars, fuel rails & rubber hoses and cigarette lighters. think of all the weight we could save in matches.

I shall be ridding myself of the air cooled menace on Saturday. However, if not until the afternoon. May I attend in a Cayenne which is both front engined and in need of preservation?

@JasonE wanna convoy?

Russ

Anyone with an interest in old cars is welcome. It will be nice to meet up and have a chat. Are congratulations are in order for 'ridding yourself of the aircooled menace'?

BiB

@JasonE wanna convoy?

mods - ban this commenter for heresy against air cooled cars

Any idea on the rendezvous location?  Any particular coffee shop or Cat House? 

Some quick research tells me there are 2 locations in this bustling Metropolis.  Kai's Lounge & Pols at Moore 7 & 9 Main Street respectively.  I'll head that way & see what happens from there...........   

I'll let Brian answer at length with his witty prose, however in short a good time was had by all (all four that is).

The society had wide ranging discussions & all agreed finally that S2 drivers are legends, that 924T drivers are brave, 88 N/A drivers are to be considered the new black & that TTRS drivers are completely "next level".  

There were some discussions re Cayenne drivers but those findings must remain "de secreto".

Come on Front engined men we need to get a larger contingent happening here.  The locals were blown away when we rolled into town.  One likely local accosted Rob with wild tales of past Porsche's loved & lost & of the shattered husk of a life left without one underfoot.  The poor man finally walked away with many wistful, moist eyed backwards glances (mostly at a certain silver S2).

I had tears in my eyes... not from the half expected mechanical failure of my 931 on route, rather from the extreme amusement generated from the various shared Porsche stories. Great day, looking forward to the next one.

I'll let Brian answer at length with his witty prose, however in short a good time was had by all (all four that is).

The society had wide ranging discussions & all agreed finally that S2 drivers are legends, that 924T drivers are brave, 88 N/A drivers are to be considered the new black & that TTRS drivers are completely "next level".  

There were some discussions re Cayenne drivers but those findings must remain "de secreto".

Come on Front engined men we need to get a larger contingent happening here.  The locals were blown away when we rolled into town.  One likely local accosted Rob with wild tales of past Porsche's loved & lost & of the shattered husk of a life left without one underfoot.  The poor man finally walked away with many wistful, moist eyed backwards glances (mostly at a certain silver S2).

No need for me to respond Jason, I think you covered it! 

But I'll just clarify;

there were 5 of us, with one "significant other" who remained politely silent except when ordering coffee. She very particular about her drinks! 

We have almost had the full contingent of front engine transaxles at our get togethers, but we have not had a regular 924, any 928 or a 968CS yet. We live in hope.

One members 944 turbo, will now be known as the '2 hour sub market car'. 

Its a toss up between a 931 & a 951 on which has the "most pristine" engine compartment.

A near new modern current model 944 turbo reimagined was in attendance.

The local who was lusting after your S2 Jason must have been overwhelmed by your wheels & callipers, or was he in the grip a a Spanish girl? 

A major discussion was tabled to the membership on acquiring technical information, who do you trust? So far the fabled coffee cup holder remains illusive.

The next get together is at Hinze dam behind the Gold Coast on 26 August

A major discussion was tabled to the membership on acquiring technical information, who do you trust? So far the fabled coffee cup holder remains illusive.

The next get together is at Hinze dam behind the Gold Coast on 26 August

elusive, Brian - we have standards to uphold here in the FEP ;)

Has he renounced his Canadian citizenship yet?  If so, no excuse.

As for you, Jason E, what's "yore"?

I'm not entirely shaw what your talking about Rob.  I know yore a slight grammar Nazi so I always insure I take care with my dicktion. :ph34r::D

Archived