FEP Society reminder

brian in buddina

3r4XrI'll let Brian answer at length with his witty prose, however in short a good time was had by all (all four that is).

The society had wide ranging discussions & all agreed finally that S2 drivers are legends, that 924T drivers are brave, 88 N/A drivers are to be considered the new black & that TTRS drivers are completely "next level".  

There were some discussions re Cayenne drivers but those findings must remain "de secreto".

Come on Front engined men we need to get a larger contingent happening here.  The locals were blown away when we rolled into town.  One likely local accosted Rob with wild tales of past Porsche's loved & lost & of the shattered husk of a life left without one underfoot.  The poor man finally walked away with many wistful, moist eyed backwards glances (mostly at a certain silver S2).

Parking was a little tight in Moore, in front of the coffee shop, on Saturday morning 

https://imgur.com/gallery/3r4Xr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you guys had a good time. If I'm not working, I might come along to the next one at Hinze dam.

Hay Timm, hope you make it as I will be up from down south to gaze upon the wonders of the northern state.

Paul C

A red 944S has been spotted near the carpark at LaBalsa on weekends. I take the dog for a walk around Point Cartwright often & have been known to have a coffee there. I'll send you my mobile, look forward to meeting up for a chit chat anywhere on the coast.

Brian 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, a reminder that we've got Cars & Coffee Gold Coast this coming Saturday the 19th. We've got BMW coming down with a M2 Coupe and will be giving a weekends use of a BMW for the car who gets Car of the Meet. Hope to see you guys there. Cheers, Sohan 

anyone going to be able to convoy with @bear924 as per his route map?

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/11967-first-inter-state-front-engine-preservation-society-rendezvous/#

Provisional Agenda for Hinze Dam get together;

Discussion on proper etiquette when meeting air cooled owners. For example  don't ask about how their air con is.

How big is big enough? Therapy for the less well endowed and dealing with small rim syndrome 

Coffee; the legal drug and a driver's alertness enhancer; is it safe by the intravenous method?

Living with a handbrake in a firm but conciliatory manner.

The Society committee is excepting additional agenda submissions.

I'll be there. Just don't know which front engined to bring.  928 S4 or 944 S2 Cab. Aahh decisions decisions. ?

I put in one vote for the 928! I need someone to take me for a drive in one and convince me that there is no need for a 928 in my future.

Discussion on proper etiquette when meeting air cooled owners. For example  don't ask about how their air con is.

Not sure what you are referring to in regards to air cooled air con. Mine is fantastic!! ................................. in winter.

I put in one vote for the 928! I need someone to take me for a drive in one and convince me that there is no need for a 928 in my future.

This might persuade you otherwise... or maybe not! ?

Well 2 Sharks is called a Shiver of Sharks. Collective noun. I guess that's what happens when you do a synchronised start up.

This get together could see two 928's show up. A first for our FEP Society!

@Paul Carrera

I bet no 944 Cab would have turned up thus far either. So if Paul brings his lovely Shark and I my Cab, it'll be epic. A really good selection. Now just need a 968. 

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/11967-first-inter-state-front-engine-preservation-society-rendezvo

Provisional Agenda for Hinze Dam get together;

How big is big enough? Therapy for the less well endowed and dealing with small rim syndrome 

Coffee; the legal drug and a driver's alertness enhancer; is it safe by the intravenous method?

Living with a handbrake in a firm but conciliatory manner.

The Society committee is excepting additional agenda submissions.

Agenda points

1 How to tell your fellow P car friends that you really prefer it from the front and not the back, because there is a difference.

2 From Wife. The prospect of a support group , so they can vent about the amount of money that special upgrade cost.

Archived