FS - 1990 Silver 944 S2

Given Photobucket has ditched me and imgur is my new best friend, thought I would repost a few pics of my silver S2 that is for sale, asking $29,500

I purchased this car with a view to keeping her for the long term, did my due diligence prior to purchase and spent $5k on the first service earlier this year to make sure all was in order. 

Sure enough, 4 weeks after taking delivery, I came across my preferred colour combination (black on black) and purchased my second S2, therefore the silver car needs a new home.

Some may say the k's are up there, but service history is solid and compression test results were exceptional (all 4 cylinders above 200psi with minimal variation).  In my opinion, the engine performance is fantastic and probably better than my black S2 and on par with the 3.2 Carrera.

If you know of anyone looking for an honest S2, I'd be happy to discuss further over the phone.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-4691916/?Cr=0

diPzpdy.jpg

gz0QFBq.jpg

5HqbJeM.jpg

ZGvXCmz.jpg

DxaAN7o.jpg

NdAkDDe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This car is now sold, on her way to a good home and believe it or not, back to Sydney.

I don't really know why, but I do feel sad to see her go, great knowing she will be well cared for by the new owners.

This car is now sold, on her way to a good home and believe it or not, back to Sydney.

I don't really know why, but I do feel sad to see her go, great knowing she will be well cared for by the new owners.

It was only a matter of time, congratulations.

Like buses apparently - wait for ages then two come along?

Very much so, you must have ESP ;).......after having the car listed for four months (nibbles along the way), I could have sold it twice last week.

New owner flew down to collect, good guy.  Alternative buyer test drove the day before I sold the car but wanted to look at the white S2 on carsales.

I would like to thank Peter for his professionalism and honesty during this sale.

Every thing I asked for was not a problem for him to supply.

My wife and I flew down to Melbourne and drove "Gracie" up the Hume Highway to Sydney today.

The car ran faultlessly and with plenty of torque, flew up the hills easily.

The car has a flawless service history with services being carried out nearly every 10000 k's over it's life.

Like all older cars, it needs attention to some items, but a list is already being compiled to remedy this.

Maybe Peter can explain the name "Gracie".....

Thank you again Peter.....

Cheers,

Geoff.

Geoff & Jenny are a great couple and I'm pleased to see the car going to a good home where it will be well cared for.

I mentioned it many times.........although the k's on this car are up there, it is no reflection of the engine's performance in any way.  The car is very strong and has plenty of torque, people shouldn't be fearful of higher k's where the service history shows regular maintenance.  I can see the smile on your face Geoff when you may have dropped down a gear and put the foot down to negotiate one of the Hume's steady rises :ph34r:.

Re Gracie; going back some years when I got my 3.2, I didn't want the kids saying "Dad's driving the Porsche" and to sound like a tosser, so we gave the car a name (Betty - and yes she is black).  When I purchased the Silver S2 early this year, needed another name and Gracie just seemed to fit.

When I first purchased this car I spent some decent money to assure immediate issues were corrected.  She's nearly 30 years old, so there will always be small items to attend to like nearly all old Porsches.  She will be a nice little project for you Geoff, check off your list when you get to it (I imagine it's not too big), best of luck with everything.

Archived