Klassy haters, look away now

I love reading old motor magazines. The reviews and predictions are very funny. Also reading the classifieds is very interesting

this is from VW & Porsche magazine back in 1990

959 and slant nose kits were all the rage

IMG_8927.jpg

IMG_8929.jpg

IMG_8931.jpg

IMG_8932.jpg

And if you didn't like a 959, you could fancy an even uglier version in a 359!!

IMG_8930.jpg

Or a weird 928 cabIMG_8923.jpg

There used to be a crowd in WA who made all sorts of Porsche kits, 356 and others - Auto Styling International I think was their name, not sure what happened to them.... it was a while ago. I got heaps of info off them but never did anything.

I think the entire rebodying and decapitation industry has died a healthy and deserved death....except for all the backdaters- they are going as strong as ever.

The question is -who are you really fooling with a body transformation?  Yourself?  Other people?  Only the most uninterested observers are fooled by a body kit, and why would you want to lie to them?

Ive talked to the guy with the f40 knockoff that gets around Brisbane. He calls it an f40 replica.  But why bother? The underlying 308 is a desirable car.  It doesn't have twin turbos or carbon fibre.  It's not really a replica.

replicas are cool - when they really are a replica like a ford gt40 or cobra or whatever.  But rebodied cars re just...why?

For those who follow Harry,s garage on You tube you will know that he owns a genuine Lamborghini Countach LP 5000 S,,,,a few years back he and another Countach owner decided to take their cars to a kit car show day at a local park and display them with the fake Countachs for a laugh ,,,apparently it took some time before the so called Lamborghini kit car experts figured out that Harry,s car was the real deal ....................:D  

For those who follow Harry,s garage on You tube you will know that he owns a genuine Lamborghini Countach LP 5000 S,,,,a few years back he and another Countach owner decided to take their cars to a kit car show day at a local park and display them with the fake Countachs for a laugh ,,,apparently it took some time before the so called Lamborghini kit car experts figured out that Harry,s car was the real deal ....................:D  

Is there are video of that? That would be great to see :D 

That countach was discussed before.

all that work and a VN Holden engine!  Past due for an update, or maybe it doesn't handle so well.

if you ever have a close look at a real countach it's obvious the Italians had a kit car attitude to building them.  Not exactly Porsche levels of fit and finish.

i think it looks pretty good proportions wise.  You could get away with it...and maybe swap in a BMW v12 for authenticity..

Archived