Starter motor.

Pokiou

1 minute ago, Pokiou said:

hehe thanks guys. So if you want we can do it at my house or who ever has a bigger garage? Either way im easy and the 1st is fine with me.

Hey there. Mine isn't ideal either. I'd recommend your place unless Dan can advise better.

• 2 years later...

Bump. old post, same problem. 

Ahh this is my exact problem on my 04 996. 

Did this solve yourself problem?

after a long drive (sometimes to stop and get petrol) it’s a nervous moment each time I start the car up again. Usually have to wait until there is no one around! 

On 04/07/2020 at 08:46, jordan said:

Bump. old post, same problem. 

Ahh this is my exact problem on my 04 996. 

Did this solve yourself problem?

after a long drive (sometimes to stop and get petrol) it’s a nervous moment each time I start the car up again. Usually have to wait until there is no one around! 

Replace starter cable and starter. Most likely only the cable but replacing the starter won't hurt. It's a fairly in depth DIY but completely doable. 

4 hours ago, dan_189 said:

Replace starter cable and starter. Most likely only the cable but replacing the starter won't hurt. It's a fairly in depth DIY but completely doable. 

Right. I definitely won’t do it myself, but so far it has been hard to diagnose. Having read this, however, it is an almost identical thing. 

You don’t happen to have any idea on cost do you? 

33 minutes ago, jordan said:

Right. I definitely won’t do it myself, but so far it has been hard to diagnose. Having read this, however, it is an almost identical thing. 

You don’t happen to have any idea on cost do you? 

Depends on where you go will dictate cost. Also there is a way to measure the voltage drop from the cable but really if you're getting the symptoms then just pull the trigger and get the cable and starter done.

Cable is from memory $120+ starters vary based on brand and if it's new or refurbished. Bosch is the OEM. 

15 hours ago, dan_189 said:

Depends on where you go will dictate cost. Also there is a way to measure the voltage drop from the cable but really if you're getting the symptoms then just pull the trigger and get the cable and starter done.

Cable is from memory $120+ starters vary based on brand and if it's new or refurbished. Bosch is the OEM. 

Legend. Thank you. 

had a look at tutorials online, seems tricky-ish, but not too difficult. 

I’ll chat to mech about it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...