NOw Sold: New SSI's for 3.2

How do the 3.2 specs differ to a 3.0 set?  my 78SC needs something & I was considering headers or a custom set.  Have ssi's on the C3.0 & pretty happy so am tempted at that price....unless there's a difference between those & the 3 litre ones...

Gavin,

I understand the flanges on the 3.2 ones are thicker than the earlier versions and would require you to fit longer exhaust studs to be fitted.  I suggest it would be wiser to wait for set that suits your 3.0 perfectly to come up for sale rather than mess around with these.

Regards 

2 hours ago, GUT said:

SSI’s would be the first thing I’d do to a 3.2

If only I had a 3.2!

Great bit of kit.

It was certainly the first thing I did to my '84 targa together with a Dansk sports muffler.  Massive improvement to the original setup which was factory heat exchangers into a 1 in 1 out muffler. Here's some observations from a Pelican Parts forum thread I read prior to pulling the trigger.

"SSI's are a worthwhile modification for many reasons. The in-cabin heat they generate is insane. As in driving with the heat barely on or with the windows wide open in the winter, hot. The sound alone is worth every penny, the car sounds like a proper sports car. They look cool when you look up under the car and all you see is shiny stainless beauty. And finally the performance. The horsepower increase at the top end is very welcome, but the mid-range increase in torque is very noticeable. My car used to have a step in the power band around 3.5k, now all there is just a steady shove from idle all the way to redline".

Couldn't have said it better myself.  

GLWS @Peter M

5 hours ago, Simonk said:

I assume it doesn't come with gaskets and oil lines?

Simon,

No gaskets were supplied in the box - just the spanner - but I expect you would get those when you buy your 2 inlet Dansk, Monty or M&K muffler to bolt on to the SSI's.

As for the oil lines, the ones required are  911 107 739 10 and 930 107 729 10.  I have them too but won't know if they are available for sale until I hear back from another PFA'er in a week or two.  If they are I'll post an advert then. 

Regards

Archived