356 market

Your gonna have to get way more specific my man...  A, B , C  other . coupe , speedster , cabrio , rust bucket or not , modded or not ..

The 230K Cabrio A possibly sold for 200 last month I feel was very sharply priced

I pulled out of my deal for a 356 A mid year at 110k a registered, driveable car , that needed paint and tidy or possible outlaw material with a worked motor  because I was gonna was gonna drop 5o-60 in and would end up at what i felt a good A Classic would be .   There have been so few on the market.. 

B's in recent times I feel are overpriced vs the A's 

With all that said , I have seen rusty projects A's and B's at 90k

I guess its all about love with a 356.  My personal realisation , why try build a super fast 356 , buy a 911.

They are super fun character filled drive just as they are.

Bent screens... god only knows

I had a really good look at the 356 in Sydney for $99k. Really nice car. I was 99% on the way to buying it. Problem I find is that the whole market in my opinion is inflated and I think we will be seeing some more reasonably prices Porsche's in the near future.

21 minutes ago, GRK930 said:

I had a really good look at the 356 in Sydney for $99k. Really nice car. I was 99% on the way to buying it. Problem I find is that the whole market in my opinion is inflated and I think we will be seeing some more reasonably prices Porsche's in the near future.

Inflation /CPI in the past years makes up a bit of their price and cars still a tax free investment , a big attractor , love to know your insights on why you think the market will fall.

Im not sure 356 have the same cost and price increase profile/ as the rest of the AC market.   Maybe if real estate falls severely .. but we will always come back to the enthusiast levels of buying and selling , which by any measure even if we applied the gentle value increases prior to the bubble wouldnt be much more than 10-20% lower than where we are today.  The bubble/rise is nearly 3-4 years old now , not a short trend...  The time that the average enthusiast might keep his/her car , will heal all losses ..

Buy hard and a great car, I feel.  My personal pick is an A ..    99K for Notchy is a very very sharp price.

So are you suggesting I should re visit this car? I’m a novice when it comes to 356’s. My only reasoning for looking at the car is that there are far fewer 356’s in the world than similarly priced G body Carreras and Sc’s. After owning a great 930, I can’t fathom spending anywhere near the G body asking prices when you can jump into another 930 in the low $100’s price range

Go for ride in a 356 - or if you're lucky someone may let you drive one. They are NOT a 930   You may hate it.

But - you may love it (they have that effect on you).

Then decide what you want from the car. That and the model you want will determine your price. From 60K to 600K+ The range is huge.

They are great cars, always able to put a smile on your face and they draw the right kind of attention if you are out in one.  People love seeing them out on the road.

The Pre-A's and A's are the most desirable, a B will most likely get you the best bang for your buck.   With the 356s you can drive it all year round, put as many km as you want on it and it won't make one cent of difference to the value of it.

Test drive a few.

I bought a lovely beehive light A coupe, and then sold it about a year later...  hard to explain exactly but it just didn’t do it for me as a driving car.  Damn it was pretty though. 

21 hours ago, Airhead said:

Looking for the original engine for this one.

1600s Believe eng No. is 83473

Any help appreciated.

Checked the Registry vin database but no record of it

On 24/02/2018 at 8:59 PM, 1q2w3e4r said:

It was one of Marc Bank's cars, wasn't running either.  

I checked out Marc's car for someone in Belgium. I am referring to the black outlaw. The body was very solid, couldn't see any rust in it at all

For a solid Pre A, the asking price of AUD$140k was reasonable. It had a 912 engine with it if I recall. Not sure if sold or not

Does anyone know what happened to that Pre A that was for sale in Sydney eastern suburbs about a year ago?

Was grey primer or matt black from memory .... registered and driving and looked great .... thinking it was a little north of $100k perhaps?

@OnSafari buy this and save $100k ... it is exactly the same thing, save a few minor body styling details

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Volkswagen-Beetle-1959/SSE-AD-5273807/?Cr=44

Archived