Aircooled 911 with finders fee

Gsaps

Trying a different tac here, word on the street is that they’re out there, it might just be a matter of leverage and appealing to someone who knows that someone etc etc and I’ve found it can be a pretty cutthroat scene

I’ve been on the verge of importing a US lefty (and am currently considering 2) but I’m not overly keen on everything involved in the import process so....

I’m offering a 5k finders fee for the right LHD, my budget for the sale depends on the car but around 50k 

I know what I can get from the US and what it’ll cost me so it needs to be of similar quality.

Ideally an SC or Carrera but I’m open to suggestions (but must be a coupe) and obviously not a Carsales/gumtree ad, I can find those, I’m looking for that ‘before it gets to the open market car’

might work ?

(of course if there’s a RHD my budget would be higher.. 60ish so I’d love to hear about them)

preparing for tumbleweed 

Are you after an SC or earlier? Also what is $ expectation on spending on engine_gearbox to make it as new? Reason is I have an SC RHD which I plan to put on market. Full top-end rebuild, along with gearbox rebuild. All suspension and brakes new. Red RHD Import. Almost ready.  

5K might get you many a response , hope the spam filter is set

You might wanna share a bit more info on your wants aligned with your $

Especially on what you are prepared to do/accept??

Engine work , gearbox work

Paint - full , partial, you prepared for rust?  Colours maybe you dont want.

Interior?

Suspension? Want fuchs or other wheels ok?

Mixer cars? outlaws , converts , non matching ?

Do you have a fix-up budget on top of your buy price?  

3 minutes ago, symsy said:

5K might get you many a response , hope the spam filter is set

You might wanna share a bit more info on your wants aligned with your $

Especially on what you are prepared to do/accept??

Engine work , gearbox work

Paint - full , partial, you prepared for rust?  Colours maybe you dont want.

Interior?

Suspension? Want fuchs or other wheels ok?

Mixer cars? outlaws , converts , non matching ?

Do you have a fix-up budget on top of your buy price?  

Wise words sir 

8 hours ago, FL7 said:

Are you after an SC or earlier? Also what is $ expectation on spending on engine_gearbox to make it as new? Reason is I have an SC RHD which I plan to put on market. Full top-end rebuild, along with gearbox rebuild. All suspension and brakes new. Red RHD Import. Almost ready.  

This sounds interesting ???

I’m looking for a car that won’t need any immediate attention, I know maintenance done the line is inevitable but I also know I can get a well sorted lefty from the US.. this was just a fishing expedition before I go that route, it wasn’t to encourage people to sell their own cars, it was a prod to the people who may know the people who know a person etc 

I know my budget won’t buy an oz delivered Carrera with rebuilt engine and transmission

im happy with a well sorted LHD and they’re out there too

thanks

5 minutes ago, Gsaps said:

I’m looking for a car that won’t need any immediate attention, I know maintenance done the line is inevitable but I also know I can get a well sorted lefty from the US.. this was just a fishing expedition before I go that route, it wasn’t to encourage people to sell their own cars, it was a prod to the people who may know the people who know a person etc 

I know my budget won’t buy an oz delivered Carrera with rebuilt engine and transmission

im happy with a well sorted LHD and they’re out there too

thanks

You still might wanna get a bit more descriptive ... in expectations .. im sure they are out there , I know 3 cars 35-60k drivers sold in the past two months

12 minutes ago, symsy said:

You still might wanna get a bit more descriptive ... in expectations .. im sure they are out there , I know 3 cars 35-60k drivers sold in the past two months

As usual my timing sucks ?

ideally..  SC/Carrera white with leather brown interior

other colours... metallic browns, not too keen on yellow, no rust but patinas ok

interior preferably in good shape but again expected wear for its age is fine 

(has to pass the Ben test... he’s my 10 year old who is already disappointed I’m not getting a McLaren P1)

33 minutes ago, Avon said:

Thank Avon

thats a really nice white one, wonder if it’s a bit over-modded to get through registration here ?

Wouldn't think the white one would be a problem but a decent import agent would know.  Things like roll cages or major chassis alterations (eg. shortened Audi coupe) are big issues for rego

The low mileage white car... LHD is popular in Japan so could be an import from there.  Mileage would definitely be something to be investigate if so - there are ways of looking into the Japanese records to verify.

16 hours ago, FL7 said:

I wouldn't mind betting your inbox is full:P

7 hours ago, Avon said:

Wouldn't think the white one would be a problem but a decent import agent would know.  Things like roll cages or major chassis alterations (eg. shortened Audi coupe) are big issues for rego

The low mileage white car... LHD is popular in Japan so could be an import from there.  Mileage would definitely be something to be investigate if so - there are ways of looking into the Japanese records to verify.

Sorry to hijack,but I have recently purchased a Japanese import with limited documentation. What are these ways to look into Japanese records that you speak of? Thanks in advance

43 minutes ago, vinnytang said:

Sorry to hijack,but I have recently purchased a Japanese import with limited documentation. What are these ways to look into Japanese records that you speak of? Thanks in advance

www.japaneseodometercheck.com/

On 22/03/2018 at 6:44 AM, symsy said:

"911" and "spotters fee" in the same sentence - Symsy got wood

7 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

"911" and "spotters fee" in the same sentence - Symsy got wood

Mate its more of a splinter than wood

Come on 5k on a 50k car ...  , Im not so sure.. I would keep it polish some $hine in it and flip it for 65 

Buying criteria would have to be much tighter for me to go on the easter egg hunt.. hence my questions to the poster

Between this post an Adrock on buying into the market and im far from the master I will say, 911's with a 25 starting  have been discussed on my morning ring arounds  in the past week, cars sold 40's coupes , manual.. but theres a big spectrum in people perception of a little work and value.

I feel for someone wanting driving pleasure the market is at potentially 60-80k.  I would also say 996 m Cayman S and even 993 present better value than 3.2 and SC at the moment... pin now pulled on holy war discussions..

I think its a good gesture from a buyer but you would need to be very tight and be acting in full authority , with so many gumtree and the other rats nests  of wanted adverts out there. you gotta be able to act clearly.

Probably a bit of a thread drift , but in my experience to buy on behalf of someone , you really have to be locked and loaded. Many of the cars discussed here in the forum are missed like the 3-4 cars because of peoples pace..... If you ask what to do on PFA it will be gone, someone will steal your deal or whilst your typing the other fella will have already called .

Nothing personal and i love the PFA banter , but , really chasing , being motivated and mobile and putting in the yards networking really are the way to get in at lower prices..

Deals are mostly done on the street , not on the forum..

Enthusiast deals are done on the forum and not at low prices... I shared a discussion only today with someone , where everyone wants to look at the best quality of car and the best maintenance and a correction of any minor issues around a number that aint the cheapest in the market .. but is a enticing to both parties.  

So when you posting more cars for sale mate .. I wanna buy something from you... you are the flippers dream.. we dont even need to wash them before on selling ;) 

Archived