Tapatalk issue

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

Hi guys not sure where to post this but keep getting an error when trying to login to pfa in tapatalk. Anyone having an issue? Just wanting to post pics and that’s how I usually do it.

Yep, me too!! Can't login. Getting error.... was about to put up a post.

i deleted and reloaded tapatalk on my phone but still no good.

me thinks the link to PFA is broke...! @Kerry... help!!

??Boffin deployed!

???‍♂?

Standby....

We upgraded the forum software on friday and although all extensions and 3rd party apps showed as up to date... tapatalk has proven a bit fragile in the past, we’re on to it this morning...

Ok, so.... it all comes down to the fact you need to update your version of TAPATALK on your device... I had the same problem then an update solved the problem! Who needs a boffin anyway?!  (ME!!!???)

2 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Ok, so.... it all comes down to the fact you need to update your version of TAPATALK on your device... I had the same problem then an update solved the problem! Who needs a boffin anyway?!  (ME!!!???)

Me no think so... @Peter John and I both deleted and grabbed the latest app & didnt work. See posts above.... ?

Sorry guys, not sure what I can do to help here... we've uploaded the latest version from tapatalk (extension/plugin for the forum backend, not the device app) and all is now working on my iphone and ipad... is this an android issue?

39 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Me4, but once I went to the App Store (on iPhone and iPad) and updated Tapatalk, it was resolved! Just sayin’...

Well, tried downloading the app again... still no luck. Same error. Oh well, some lucky some not. I'll go back to the old fashion way I guess.

no tapatalk for @Philbee

Tapatalk is always a bloody nightmare, I deleted it long ago. PFA has the nicest mobile experiences of any forum I’ve ever used so quite like just using it in the browser on my phone. 

I know this isn’t that helpful if you really want to use Tapatalk, but just my 2c ? (I like the new emojis too!)

• 1 month later...

Hey Herr General. Yep tapatalk is quite independent of us, and I know I'm biased, but the interface and stability has been inconsistent whenever I've tried to use it - compared with just using my browser. I guess it comes down to them needing to be able to collate the various formats and types of forum softwares into their one channel - tapatalk? Don't know, but making a device homescreen link to the pfa homepage is my one-click solution! ;) K

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also getting a "NETWORK ERROR - PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER" when attempting to sign into Tapatalk.

I guess the benefit of Tapatalk over a homescreen link is you can get notifications when somebody replies to your post or comment. Depends how much you want to be distracted by Porsche talk, I guess. :)

Archived