Buying a Boxster S and IMS help

monty188

Just an update

The owner was taken through the PPI in detail by Jocaro.

In my opinion he was genuinely shocked by the results and what was found.

He even apologised to me - which was a surprise.

However he was not prepared to reduce the price sufficiently to reflect what was required to be spent on the car.

I think he is hoping that someone will come along who is little less diligent.

Caveat Emptor!

These PPI that the purchaser has done at his/her expense seem to be a great thing for the seller, learns all of the problems his car has without any expense being made.

I'm not saying it is not a great thing for the possible purchaser , just a tad unfair that the owner gets all the info as well.

I think the seller should contribute to the PPI as well, just food for thought though

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that's fair at all. The seller has to invest time and money as well (bringing the car over and leaving it for a couple of hours) while there are a lot of test pilots out there who have no genuine interest in buying.

Paying for a PPI means the buyer is serious about proceeding.

I don't think that's fair at all. The seller has to invest time and money as well (bringing the car over and leaving it for a couple of hours) while there are a lot of test pilots out there who have no genuine interest in buying.

Paying for a PPI means the buyer is serious about proceeding.

As I said Martin "just food for thought" your opinion is appreciated. I would think you would probably have your test pilots doing their free drive before the PPI was even discussed anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

HI

well after many weeks of searching .... I finally have purchased a Boxster S.!

Its a 2003 , seal grey , tiptronic , 76Kms.

Nineplus have replaced the IMS ( at my request) and given it a service so I am all ready to go!!!

Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and prompt response to all my questions.

The information proved invaluable.

Congrats Monty, love that colour, if I had my time over again that would be the choice.

Good K's just over 8000 a year. And an S too. Look forward to seeing it in the metal.

We have started to run low on fellow Boxster owners here in Vic so you are a welcome sight for me.

Have to get you on to a Fister exhaust now.

Archived