Buying a Boxster S and IMS help

monty188

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monty I looked at a lovely green 2003 Tip Boxster S with only 47k on the clock. Has 18" Porsche shadow chrome type rims and is straight and in excellent condition. It's in Port Melbourne. Let me know if you want to know more about it.

Edit: Colour is called 'Dark Teal' and it was lovely! Click here

What the heck.. here's a pic...

94736267.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=1050

Guest Nick987

IMO I would avoid 19's on a 986, were not made to take them from factory, 18 was biggest size supplied from P. 987 was first series to take 19's and was modded to take em. So don't know what impact would have on dynamics. I would avoid.

Nice......I would love a set of those wheels, but as the fellow coxmeister said, in 18" though, .....

although that's what you said they are, but ad definitely says 19"...

Nice colour...nice find Amanda, good k's, but I think hefty price. But nice......just the same.

Monty I looked at a lovely green 2003 Tip Boxster S with only 47k on the clock. Has 18" Porsche shadow chrome type rims and is straight and in excellent condition. It's in Port Melbourne. Let me know if you want to know more about it.

Edit: Colour is called 'Dark Teal' and it was lovely! Click here

What the heck.. here's a pic...

94736267.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=1050

I would take Speed yellow over Green any day of the week. If the right Yellow 993 had come along I would not have thought twice.

Yellow is such a classic Porsche colour.

Hi everyone...Stephen, you have my alias wrong.  Drop the "r".  It's "Caver"...what I get up to on weekends, along with canyoning, skydiving and climbing.

Amanda, my Boxster is Midnight Blue.  It really catches the light.  From some angles it looks black, then a rich deep blue and sometimes a slight purple tinge.  The interior is black and Madison Blue.  As soon as I saw it I was hooked.

Hi everyone...Stephen, you have my alias wrong. Drop the "r". It's "Caver"...what I get up to on weekends, along with canyoning, skydiving and climbing.

Amanda, my Boxster is Midnight Blue. It really catches the light. From some angles it looks black, then a rich deep blue and sometimes a slight purple tinge. The interior is black and Madison Blue. As soon as I saw it I was hooked.

Hey Caver..I think I found one in that combo for sale on carsales last night! It looked good to I thought. Does it drive you mad keeping it clean tho?

is your interior like this one? Looks great!

cp5432482727504067958.jpg?height=370&aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=555

Yes, that's it except that the silver sections in the photo above are black on my car. Being a non "S", the instrument faces are also black. The steering wheel is blue. If I can work out how to embed images like you are doing, I'd show you. I also replaced the ashtray with the "non smokers kit". The panel in the centre console which holds the ashtray is replaced with a neat storage bin. It's just beside the handbrake. I also wired up my garage door opener to one of the spare switches in that panel. It's kinda neat having that integrated.

Yes, that's it except that the silver sections in the photo above are black on my car. Being a non "S", the instrument faces are also black. The steering wheel is blue. If I can work out how to embed images like you are doing, I'd show you. I also replaced the ashtray with the "non smokers kit". The panel in the centre console which holds the ashtray is replaced with a neat storage bin. It's just beside the handbrake. I also wired up my garage door opener to one of the spare switches in that panel. It's kinda neat having that integrated.

Hi David, I haven't heard of that non smokers kit, if you could post a photo that would be great and if you can recall where you got it from even better. The little lid on mine is a pain in the butt and keeps popping open so I would like to replace that set up.

The silver sections on that consul area from Amanda's photo looks quite good I think. Your blue steering wheel is a nice option.

Would you like a PM to assist with posting photos?

Oh is that what that storage bin is. I have seen it in some cars and not others, I was confused as to what it was! And the remote for the garage is a fantastic idea! There seems to be many unused buttons that can be used like this.

Those silver parts, are they painted? Looks like something that could be easily damaged with wear and tear.

Hey Caver..I think I found one in that combo for sale on carsales last night! It looked good to I thought. Does it drive you mad keeping it clean tho? is your interior like this one? Looks great! cp5432482727504067958.jpg?height=370&aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=555

IMHO...The more I look at that cockpit the more I think the blue wheel would top it off nicely

I also noticed on one of the forums (might be rennlist 964 forum) that many are buying these steering wheels off eBay and having them recovered and padded up to make them a bit more comfortable to hold. They come up great.. and costs a few hundy $. Great idea if your SW is looking a bit tired.. although you might need a spare one if your car is a daily driver whilst it's being recovered.

Archived