Buying a Boxster S and IMS help

monty188

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having owned my Boxster (non S) for 4 months now, I totally agree with Nick. It's very easy to go fast. Too easy! The real skill with these cars is to drive them slowly! That takes patience and maturity. Of course we want to go hammering down the road and when on the motorway at 120kph it is so easily converted into 160kph with just a slight blip on the throttle. And then you're in serious points loss territory! You're also right about the Monday morning conversations in the office. "What did you get up to on the weekend?". I'm so tempted to say "200kph", but I just smile and nod. It's intoxicating getting behind the wheel and I love every minute of it.

BTW, Nick, I ordered a new "Boxster" badge for the rear boot lid. They sent the "Boxster S" by mistake. Do I put it on or don't I? Is there a Tribal subcategory for NON S cars with a S badge?? :-)

Good luck Monty with the PPI! Let us know how it goes.

BTW, Nick, I ordered a new "Boxster" badge for the rear boot lid. They sent the "Boxster S" by mistake. Do I put it on or don't I? Is there a Tribal subcategory for NON S cars with a S badge?? :-)

I know it was a Nick question but IMHO

desismileys_4442.gif

Maybe if I buy an umbrella...?

But seriously, the "S" is separate to the main badge, no cutting required...I could always sell it? (You should see how many there are on Ebay!) I replaced the existing "Boxster" badge, which was black, with a satin silver badge. Looks heaps better, particularly as the car colour is so dark.

Guest Nick987

Those that don't know, don't need to know...Those that know don't need a badge.

How many 'M' badges do you see on non-motorsport BMW's and how just totally tryhard/desparate does that look?

Nah, go factory spec, won't have to worry about sniggers waiting in line to pay at the servo...and your zorst is a dead givaway :D

Good to hear you returning the car to original with the satin badge though, how they were delivered originally. Last owner darkenned it? Silly monkey.

Amanda, there's heaps of badges on Ebay, "Boxster", "Boxster S", "S" only, any variation of the wheel centre badges, bonnet badges, steering wheel badges. Just type "Porsche Boxster" into the Ebay search, sit back and scroll! It's dangerous and fun! Although, come to think of it...I never saw an umbrella!!??

Wow Nick, how did we get there? Just came back from 3 weeks in Switzerland as it happens. Trekking and climbing. Went caving in NZ earlier this year. I'm not a diver (yet!) Saving that until my old age. Favourite cave? Geez, there's heaps of them. Just about anything in Puketiti NZ, Yarrangobilly NSW, Jenolan NSW, Vecors France...

Here's some videos if you're interested:

www.vimeo.com/davidstuckey/videos

Cheers.

BTW, Nick, I ordered a new "Boxster" badge for the rear boot lid. They sent the "Boxster S" by mistake. Do I put it on or don't I? Is there a Tribal subcategory for NON S cars with a S badge??

Total debadge is another option.

No, no hijack.

Wow the big day! How does it feel Amanda? I wouldn't be too happy. I have to this day traded so can't say I am familiar with the feeling...

Oh I'm a bit sad. I really enjoyed that car. Slightly concerned I might regret it. But you never know when making such changes until you do it.

Guest Nick987

zoom.jpg?pool=pdds&type=article&id=WAP+050+081+19&lang=de&filetype=zoom&version=7bbdb08a-f085-4bfd-ba5a-7bf5ab2b8d43

Available at the P shop Melbourne.

AU$138,00 (price incl. GST)

Article no. WAP 050 081 19

Folding umbrella with automatic mechanism. Windproof - tested in the Porsche wind tunnel. With imitation leather cover. Fits into cubbyhole on the passenger's door-still in Porsche 911, Boxter and Cayman models. Ergonomic, Senosoft-coated handle in Black with the renowned Porsche logo. Diameter: approx. 36.5 in. (98 cm).

Tested in the Porsche wind tunnel ! !

How good is that?

Speaking of hijacks.. the new owners just drove off in the GTI.. :( so I'm officially on the market for a new to me automobile...

Glad you sold herbie privately, your now sorta half way there now and ready to pounce...

Archived