Feedback on wheels

ArthurK

Hi all,

I am looking at a number of new wheels for the pending arrival of the 991 and was wondering which one you think looks better for the car.

Two of the wheels are virtually the same design - mesh. One is a forged monoblock and the other is a low pressure cast. The last wheel is also a forged monoblock.

If it were you which would you take if any for that matter :)

As configured

post-906-0-45715200-1348458169_thumb.jpg

Option 1

post-906-0-02945700-1348458435_thumb.jpg

Option 2

post-906-0-95260600-1348458442_thumb.jpg

Option 3

post-906-0-20221900-1348458539_thumb.jpg

post-906-0-17460500-1348458553_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your input

Arthur

Michellins would be great but not available or approved for the 991 as yet bu I believe they are coming. Pirelli PZeros only for the moment til 245/35/20 and 295/30/20 become available

Hmmmmm just checked tirerack.com and treaddepot the Michelin PSS are available in the size...... Something to investigate not sure they are N rated for Porsche though

As configured is my configuration from the porsche configurator. The white boxster is a close representation of what it will look like (wheels on a white car)

Also just checked the michelin website and they do not list 991 as an option as yet.

Edited: Sorry Option 1 was not my car colour - white is the colour

Option 3 for me as two as nice as they are look like Ferrari rims.

If you want to mix it up a thin yellow pin stripe around the edge of the rim/ where tyre meets rim to give it that Lemans look. Sound naff I know however looks pretty good.

Option 3 for me as two as nice as they are look like Ferrari rims.

If you want to mix it up a thin yellow pin stripe around the edge of the rim/ where tyre meets rim to give it that Lemans look. Sound naff I know however looks pretty good.

Doish13, I totally agree that Option 2 does look like a Ferarri wheel. I have seen them on a 458 and they definately look the part.......

With respect to the Option 2 wheel with the pin stripe, I totally agree it looks great. The biggest issue with them is that the pin stripe is vinyl base and not powder coated on. The suppliers told me they are prone to damage during tyre installation. Preference would be to have them powdercoated or polished silver.

I am torn between the Option 3 Ruger Mesh and Option 1 HRE P40SC wheels. The Ruger Mesh caught my eye and really like the fitment. The down side to them is that they are a cast wheel, the upside is their price well under $4k landed with Pirelli OEM shoes. The HRE on the other hand are a monoblock forged wheel so they are top notch and super strong in comparison. Their down side is their price, $7.8k landed with the same Pirelli shoes.

At the same time, the wheels that the car is coming with arent too bad but I prefer the black wheels on a white car.

Its good to see a few have a leaning towards the same wheels I did when I first saw them..........

Thanks for the feedback.

If you need a hand PM me as I got through a shop I'ce dealt with for 15 years a set of 18 inch original Caynne rims (used/perfect condition) for $2000 incl new rubber.

Re polishing your wheels- I got a quote today for $80 per rim for a mirror finish through an industrial metal polisher. Cheap as chips.

Opt 3 inc. the ride height....................

Ride height might not be achievable :) I will bottom out getting into the garage. I just dont understand why Porsche insist on making the car look like a 4x4 with the amount of space they leave between the guards and top of the tires. I had dropped my 996 to 20mm off the fenders and it was great but I had issues with speed humps and drive ways.

I have seen a white cab 991 like the 'as configured' first photo. Was at the local Dealers open day..............

I would go for that hands down............it looked wonderful.

Well I could always be patient and enjoy the car with the stock wheels, but I know I would prefer them black..... The factory option has been pulled from production due to manufacturing issues otherwise I would have gone that way.......

Archived