My new avatar

I have just put up a new avatar, in an effort to cheer up the Forum in light of all the dramas lately.

PLEEESE if this avatar of my Hero offends anybody I will remove it is not what I am trying to do.

Ha Ha, thanks boys, I can probably find a good avatar for you Doish.

Actually Chickenman did also drive a yellow car would you believe.

Hmmm Actually the more I look at it the more it does look like me.

Think this might only be a temporary avatar

Niko. Should we be seeing a new avatar? I still get the old one.

Very weird, on my iPad the old one is here, I just checked and signed in on the big apple Mac and the new one is on.....

Not sure what's happening there

Maybe I have to change it on the iPad too?

Guys,

the cache always holds the previous version. When you go to the URL the cache looks & says "been here before" & shortcuts the long version (not sure this makes sense, but thats how it is). you need to clear the cache on a regular basis to get rid of the old addresses. Hope this helps, lots of weird suff with old cache addresses.

Ah-ha Theo! It's an animated GIF file. You need several frames and an appropriate utility. Some are more sophisticated than others and allow transitions like fading etc. Even short videos. Given it's a simple avatar, I just loaded two images of my car and told it to change every 3 seconds and to loop continually. It's a similar process to that which our colleague Nick987 used for his "test pattern" avatar.

If you want me to make one for you (or anyone who is 'listening'?), just PM me with your email details. You can send me your images off forum and I'll stitch them together.

Hey Doish? What's happened to your avatar?

David.

Caver. You potentially have unleashed a monster.

I am already thinking about all sorts of stuff I could do. Got to get the camera our and start snapping and then find some software on the net.

Thanks for that.

There's a fairly basic converter called "UnFreez" which is really easy to use.  Just search for that on Google.  It's a free download.  Remember, everything has to be a .gif format and the forum avatars can be no wider than 200 pixels.

Let's see what you come up with!  Might have to "up the ante"!

that has got to be one of the worst avatar's i've ever seen, very weird seeing that while on a work computer

OK, J.J. Chickenman has left the building never to return, I didn't like it much either after my wife told me it actually looked like me

Archived