WTB 986 Boxster Hardtop/Roof in silver

itsujack

Suspect these may be a little bit like rocking horse sh!t, but don't be afraid to grab whatever comes up and wrap it to the colour you want.  We did that with an MX-5 hardtop a few year ago, found a red one that didn't go with the silver of the car, so wrapped it in purple and added logos etc to go with my wife's business.   All in all it looked great, and matched the "corporate" colours

8 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Suspect these may be a little bit like rocking horse sh!t, but don't be afraid to grab whatever comes up and wrap it to the colour you want.  We did that with an MX-5 hardtop a few year ago, found a red one that didn't go with the silver of the car, so wrapped it in purple and added logos etc to go with my wife's business.   All in all it looked great, and matched the "corporate" colours

I've seen them pop up from time to time, but never had a car to put one on before. I've already snagged one very rare genuine accessory (actually the reason why I searched for the car 😬) so looking to fully accessorise...

Me too.

I think most owners not using their's would hang on to it for the extra value it may give upon sale.

Typically I've seen them for around 2.5k, but i can't see it adding 2.5k at time of sale.

Personally I prefer the sleeker look of the soft top to the more bubble hard top, however it would be good for an away for days road trip.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/03/2019 at 18:51, itsujack said:

I've seen them pop up from time to time, but never had a car to put one on before. I've already snagged one very rare genuine accessory (actually the reason why I searched for the car 😬) so looking to fully accessorise...

Curious what’s the true accessorie? I say a roof rack system come up for sale a couple months ago. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you are super keen then a long shot could be to try ebay Kleinanzeigen (German Gumtree type site) 

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/

Shipping will cost a bit I know but I used to see them pop up for well under 1k euro here and there so you never know.  Either way best of luck with the search.  The 986 look great with a hard top :)

Thanks I might give it a go.

On 22/04/2019 at 16:38, qstoria said:

If you are super keen then a long shot could be to try ebay Kleinanzeigen (German Gumtree type site) 

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/

Shipping will cost a bit I know but I used to see them pop up for well under 1k euro here and there so you never know.  Either way best of luck with the search.  The 986 look great with a hard top :)

Has anyone looking for one considered buying one from overseas I know dmoris (in France)I think that’s the right name make hard tops the last time I contacted them it was a €800 euro delivery cost which I thought was reasonable 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, jnr356 said:

go and check the dealers,especially used car dept

we used to have a pile of them at pcm back in the day.

owners would never pick them up(didn't have room to store them)became a bit annoying

hmm that's an interesting thought... thanks.