Electric Harley

LeeM

I just can't believe this...

EV cars fair enough, but a Harley? 😂😂😂🖕🖕🖕 I had to check the date incase it was an April fools joke 

That's almost as bad as those bloody air cooleds with the electric motor fitted to them 😡

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

I just can't believe this...

EV cars fair enough, but a Harley? 😂😂😂🖕🖕🖕 I had to check the date incase it was an April fools joke 

That's almost as bad as those bloody air cooleds with the electric motor fitted to them 😡

Sounds better than how the rock apes make theirs sound 

I'm happy to let the Harley people ride their bikes around if I can run straight pipes on the porsche and have it considered to be socially acceptable and not ticket-worthy.

How many people who live near a race track complain if it goes .5 Db over but ignore a road full of harleys going past?

Looks crap, couldn't own one on looks alone. HD has half lost the plot, deleted the successful multi decades FX twin shock etc platform from the range and instead this is the new look mono etc FX, also crap! Yes they go like a cut cat but who wants to be laughed at .... from this - not my cuppa but acceptable - to that ...

Related image

Image result for fxdr

2 hours ago, clutch-monkey said:

this is the best thing ever.

they sound crap as is.

maybe they will actually go fast now also

Agreed, though the Vrod (Porsche designed engine which has been slammed by Harley purists for not being true to their heritage) is a great bike that goes, stops, handles and is reliable. Only Harley I'd want to own anyway.

I bloody hate the sound of an open piped Harley, yet was shocked when I passed a quiet big cruiser up the freeway then saw the Harley badge! What the? 😳

4 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

The only thing that sounds worse is a 500+ single with no muffler 

Amen to that! Ever been in the pits at an Historic bike meeting? Love the smell of Castrol R and the old bikes, just not the onset of tinnitus and going deaf at warm up time or the dummy grid! 

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Agreed, though the Vrod (Porsche designed engine which has been slammed by Harley purists for not being true to their heritage) is a great bike that goes, stops, handles and is reliable. Only Harley I'd want to own anyway.

I bloody hate the sound of an open piped Harley, yet was shocked when I passed a quiet big cruiser up the freeway then saw the Harley badge! What the? 😳

Amen to that! Ever been in the pits at an Historic bike meeting? Love the smell of Castrol R and the old bikes, just not the onset of tinnitus and going deaf at warm up time or the dummy grid! 

Spot on with the Vrod Lee and yes the older HD dudes don't rate most of the vrod models much except the smart ones who want slick Harley performance. All my bike mates certainly changed their minds immediately when I smashed them off the mark and left them for dead in the roll ons and through the twisties. I had a VRSCX - available one year only. For a Harley an amazing piece of kit - and a looker as well. Near on 100kph in first and brakes like a japper, low centre of gravity, rare and a Harley bargain new. Agreed, fuch the loud Harley's, mine have super traps on them with just enough noise. And leave the 500 jampots alone, I loved the sound and thump of mine!

@Troubleshooter I've only ridden the first model Vrod that a mate owned. I'm a Ducati man being an ex racer, yet the Vrod changed my mind about Harleys and I'd love to own an early one. Think they lost their way a bit with styling on the later ones though

I think 9er here had the same model as yours

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

@Troubleshooter I've only ridden the first model Vrod that a mate owned. I'm a Ducati man being an ex racer, yet the Vrod changed my mind about Harleys and I'd love to own an early one. Think they lost their way a bit with styling on the later ones though

I think 9er here had the same model as yours

I think the first aluminium look ones are a bit of a buck now. The screamin Eagle chrome fest ones came out 2005/2006 and looked so overdone -$56000!!!!! VRSCX was modeled on the eliminator drag bike for the road - the first with the 230 rear, 5 gal tank and 1250cc Screamin Eagle donk with all the hot stuff and Fuch all chrome, only made 1100 from memory, $32,000 bargain!.... not a patch on a decent big Duc though. From about 2009 they gradually turned to crap in the looks dept...

Can't find a pic on this computer but same as this ..

Image result for vrscx

Yeah I googled them. Nice looking thing, and love the spokes. As you say, the early ones have shot up in price the past year or so. If I was getting back into bikes (highly unlikely), I couldn't do sports bikes again, so it'd be a Vrod for the daily commute to some mundane job when I finish up needing a van for work

27 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yeah I googled them. Nice looking thing, and love the spokes. As you say, the early ones have shot up in price the past year or so. If I was getting back into bikes (highly unlikely), I couldn't do sports bikes again, so it'd be a Vrod for the daily commute to some mundane job when I finish up needing a van for work

I hear ya, I can't do more than 2 hours on a Duc now without my back n neck playing up. Vrod was quite comfortable actually.

Archived