'82 SC Interior options? Trim kits?

SteamWolf

Hi all,

I've had my SC a month or so now. I've been working through the annoyances that made it the bargain it was.

So far I have fixed the sunroof, shift coupling, driver's window regulator, window channel seals and a few other minor things. Next is the interior seat trim, then the A/C.

It's a survivor car with nearly 400,000km on the clock. While the car is in excellent condition in the original colour and trim, with no modifications at all, I'm not sure if I should try and keep it ncompletely original or not.

The front seat trim is slightly different to the rear so I''m guessing someone's swapped out the front seats at some stage.

I see that vinyl and leather retrimming kits are available cheaply and easily, but nothing for this tweed/berber type stuff. Anyone know if a prepackaged kit is around?

If not then I'll have to send it to a trimmer, or give it some nicer front seats. Thoughts on originality on something with so many k's?

20121107_174017.jpg

mate i had the green checker thing happening - got a leather kit off ebay (i have his details if you want me to PM you) for around $250 for both front seats. Not the checker thing however correct seat pattern as the leather version and looked great. Can be easily done yourself however i gave it to an expert who did it for me for not much. All up cost was less than perhaps the trim for a quarter of the original and just for the one seat at that.

If you want original try pelican parts?

You coming to the Sydney SMT on the 17th Caver is organising? For $10 a sit you can check out and try my seats - need the money for a nice momo.

PS - the $10 is a joke - sorry just making sure everyone knows as my dry sense of humour have upset a few this past month (not on this forum)

Hi Steamwolf,

"Fix the A/C".......I assume you mean Airconditioning that they pretended to have; if you do get it to blow enough cold air to actually cool the interior, let me know.......as mine, is useless. If anything its a mental thing,you turn the knob hear the compressor start and feel naturally better, not that there is any cold air coming out....!!! :wacko: :wacko:

Doish, what Momo are you looking at?

Cheers

Peter

Doish, going to miss out on the 17th most likely due to family commitments and self preservation policies.

If you still have the link that'd be great! I think I'll hunt up some sports seats if I am going to change the material.

$10 is a bargain if I can do all the same things I do in a $18 cinema seat! :lol:

parantp, so I have heard (from every source, repeatedly) and even though it's obvious when the vents are the size of two ciggy pack lids and the condenser isn't much bigger, it's never going to be real flash. But if it's on the car then I want it to work. If it proves uitterly useless and there's no sensible way of improving it, then I'll remove the lot.

Re: Air Con - Scott Lang at Autohaus Hamilton has developed a replacement aircon for SC's and 3.2's that actually works, and delivers cool air.

It's a marked improvement over the factory air con, and takes advantage of the fact that technology has moved on somewhat in the last quarter century or so.

I realise that some people want to have a more track focused car, and so are happy to lose the weight, but for those who want cool air, it is available!

James

Hi Peter, looking at a Momo Mod 07 or 08. Got any feedback on them?

Mainly after a suede wheel with yellow centre stripe. Birthday next month so been dropping hints on this to the wife.....along with a hint on a DC3 control yoke I have my eye on however cannot justify the spend for something that will just sit in my man cave.

Steam wolf I've sent you a PM re the skins, however: re back row at the movies be warned my Krav Maga instructor has been drilling me in close / confined space combat this past month. With my assessment coming up the practice could be useful.:)

Shame you cannot come to the Sydney drive - long overdue. Perhaps next time to be fair we can meet in the middle somewhere? Look forward to meeting you all next week.

Krav you say. I did a bit of Wing Chun years ago before I knew of Krav (next best thing to know if a fight ever breaks out in a phone box), then studied Origami for a while before the school folded. Everything else I learned has been from Kung Fu Panda, which involves defeating your enemy through fart jokes and falling down stairs a lot.

Interesting, can you tell me what they have improved or needs to be modified, and any idea on costs?

Cost is around $5K installed, but about half of that is installation costs (20+ hours), so you'd be looking at around $2,500 for the kit for you to install.

I can't tell you anything about the details, but if you'd like Scott to give you a call, PM me your details.

...studied Origami for a while before the school folded..

What you did there...I saw it!

James

Thanks James, at $5k fitted I'll probably push it further down the priority list.

When I do though, I need to locate a replacement fan speed knob. The back is broken.

Can anyone take a look at my knob for me? I can't find a replacement on Pelican. A part number would be great.

I took a picture of my knob:

20121108_134207.jpg

You can see ther broken back here.

20121108_134211.jpg

Also the snib button broke yesterday. My girlfriend said it was probably old and brittle from being 30 years old. This was to counter my argument that it was clearly due to gunfire from terrorists plotting a nuclear incident and it was up to us to save the free world, and my erratic driving was entirely justified.

20121112_081212.jpg

Can anyone link me to Pelican part numbers for these two items? I've searched for ages and can't seem to find them.

Steam wolf I've sent you a PM re the skins, however: re back row at the movies be warned my Krav Maga instructor has been drilling me in close / confined space combat this past month. With my assessment coming up the practice could be useful. :).

Interesting. What grade are you doing? and at what school?

Back on topic. I've got a pair of black leather Recaro's that will bolt in. Just saying lol.

Pelican? Shmelican!

You can find parts for your knob here:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/911-78-83/813-40.php

Parts 17-19 in the diagram are likely to be of interest.

Door lock knob is part number 928 555 359 027 0B

Lucky escape - that shot could have stung if it had hit you.

The lock knob I can get very easily, the knob bits less easily, but I can get them for you.

James

Thanks Uncle, I'll grab your... uhh, I'll pick up the knob next time I'm over.

JustJames, looks like all those items are nil stock now. I'll order a couple of snibs though. Is that your company website you linked to?

I'll order some in - I'll have them in a little over a week's time. I'll drop you a PM when I have them.

Yes the link is to Autohaus Hamilton's site, but we don't have an e-commerce facility set up.

James

Thanks Uncle, I'll grab your... uhh, I'll pick up the knob next time I'm over.

JustJames, looks like all those items are nil stock now. I'll order a couple of snibs though. Is that your company website you linked to?

I'll order some in - I'll have them in a little over a week's time. I'll drop you a PM when I have them.

Yes the link is to Autohaus Hamilton's site, but we don't have an e-commerce facility set up.

James

Archived