• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK got a bit more of a drive into day. The trans mounts have introduced slightly more trans noise. Not really an issue for me but if you want more comfort than performance it could be.

Another thing I noticed after fitting the RSR bar was that when I put the car on stands to do the trans mounts was that one of the stand was short buy a couple of mm. This points to me the that it was the finishing touch on tying the back end up. It also felt like it 3 wheeled for a second when turning out my driveway. Unfortunately with the heavy rain I didn't get to take if for a good drive but as a whole its a better car for sure.

One the big plus side it was great to have a working heater again!

LOL I care not for the AC but the heater is good value. Cost me no weight to put it back onto the car and serves a purpose.

Short term the next job is getting the rear sway bar back on the car. I am at training course for the next couple of days so weekend at best I'd say.

Long term project wise I'm not sure whats next. I am starting to think about brakes though. Seeing as the car has no booster I'll have to look at some options on getting a booster on there. Once that's been done I'll look at cal's and rotors.

Well as I said I was thinking about brakes the other day. I've got a booster and master coming from a 78 in early Jan now.

Thinking I'll look for some Boxer or 930 rear cal's and rotors and pinch the AP racing 6 spots and full floating 355mm rotors off the XR6T and put stock brakes back on it. That or when the time comes a mate has some 996 rotors and Cal's I don't think he has sold yet.

LOL I care not for the AC but the heater is good value. Cost me no weight to put it back onto the car and serves a purpose.

Short term the next job is getting the rear sway bar back on the car. I am at training course for the next couple of days so weekend at best I'd say.

Long term project wise I'm not sure whats next. I am starting to think about brakes though. Seeing as the car has no booster I'll have to look at some options on getting a booster on there. Once that's been done I'll look at cal's and rotors.

I have a booster on mine and c3.2 calipers and discs. I kid you not, it stops better than my 968CS did with big blacks on it.

I have even locked the R888's on occasion! It has improved even more with ATE super blue dot 4+ fluid in it.....

Yeah ok noted and thnaks for the info. Only reason I was going to pinch the set up off the XR is I plan to move it on soon and would rather keep the 5k worth of brakes as they are not going to add any real value to the sale of the car anyhow. But a "bolt on" solution to the rear is always the best bet.

Well as I said I was thinking about brakes the other day. I've got a booster and master coming from a 78 in early Jan now.

Thinking I'll look for some Boxer or 930 rear cal's and rotors and pinch the AP racing 6 spots and full floating 355mm rotors off the XR6T and put stock brakes back on it. That or when the time comes a mate has some 996 rotors and Cal's I don't think he has sold yet.

Would S2/968 rear disc/cals be suitable - I have some ?

Mark.

Mark.

With modification yes. Adaptor plates. The easiest upgrade is the C3.2's Disc and calipers.........the simpler and more efficient upgrade is Boxster S clamps.

Yeah ok noted and thnaks for the info. Only reason I was going to pinch the set up off the XR is I plan to move it on soon and would rather keep the 5k worth of brakes as they are not going to add any real value to the sale of the car anyhow. But a "bolt on" solution to the rear is always the best bet.

Yeah, I see what you mean.......I didn't realise you already had access to a set. Have you researched offset and caliper clearance with the wheels?

Mark.

To be honest Mark I don't know as yet but I will look into it.

With modification yes. Adaptor plates. The easiest upgrade is the C3.2's Disc and calipers.........the simpler and more efficient upgrade is Boxster S clamps.

Yeah, I see what you mean.......I didn't realise you already had access to a set. Have you researched offset and caliper clearance with the wheels?

Both of my sets of 18's will clear the Cals. Offset is changeable as the rotors are fully floating so then its just a matter of new hats and dog bones to suit.

OK I did a little reading last night and its alot of work to get 968 stuff to work. Read mill off mounts from the cals and make new mounts but the rotors can not be used at all..

Thanks very much for the offer though Mark.

Found some time this afternoon to get the car back up on stands so I whipped off the right rear wheel and measured up the inside offset I need to order. If I run without spacers I can get away with 6" inner barrels and 7" dish on the outer barrels. So I'll end up with a 18"x13" wheel. But and isn't there always a but? I am very close to the outer lip of the guard. It will defiantly need the lip rolled but I think we should be close to gold. So I think the best thing to do is order some barrels and just suck it and see!

This shot from when I first flipped the centres shows just how close it is.

1CB9970A-7951-4D00-95F8-9F5F94FE6FD3-2041-00000214D0670CE4.jpg

My goal is to be able to run a 265 on the front and a 300 on the rear. This enables my to use ex Porsche cup slicks at a very reasonable price. 265's fit on the front so its all about the back really.

That much rubber underneath will look awesome on that.

Cheers

Crikeys.

Have you got a LSD?

I just sent my Dansk 2 in 2 out to have it modified to appear stock from the outside. (Std pipe LHS, RHS Pipe dumping to the ground behind the lower bumper panel - stealthy and hidden)

It shall be back tomorrow mit neu stainless pipeage, I will post up some pictures of it if anyone is interested. Then I'll need to do a soundbite on youtube.

Started it straight out the extractors on the weekend..................man it sounds like an angry beast..............almost took it for a cane.............logic and sense prevented me from doing so..........

TBH I am not 100% on the LSD as I've done nothing to check but I think so. Every single time I've had the back wheels spinning its both of them at the same time and never peg legs. On the runway at Coma in the dry dropping the clutch at ~4.500rpm would result in both wheels lighting up though 1st and into 2nd every time.

On the exhaust thing. I ran it a few times at Coma with just the headers and no muffler. Loud is an understatment. Awesome but loud lol.

Archived