• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH I am not 100% on the LSD as I've done nothing to check but I think so. Every single time I've had the back wheels spinning its both of them at the same time and never peg legs. On the runway at Coma in the dry dropping the clutch at ~4.500rpm would result in both wheels lighting up though 1st and into 2nd every time.

On the exhaust thing. I ran it a few times at Coma with just the headers and no muffler. Loud is an understatment. Awesome but loud lol.

It seems that it does then......so you now have a new name. Herr Gripmeister.

Mine feels like a LSD, lights up both rears however its most evident on downshifts 3rd>2nd under braking very stable. Plus it understeers a touch more than I'd expect under power exit...........

If it doesn't, I can't see whay I'd 'need' one B) as Steamwolf said, rear engine gives me plenty of traction!!

J.J, I am kicking myself for taking so long to get around to working out offset as I missed the last production date for Whitehorse industries this year by one day! They took their last orders for production on Monday. Ah well i'll just have to put up with the 18x12's that are already on it a bit longer. :lol:

In other news the 36mm chokes and jets came in the post today so I might have to book a meeting with myself at some stage during this week and get them in.

Crikeys.

Have you got a LSD?

I just sent my Dansk 2 in 2 out to have it modified to appear stock from the outside. (Std pipe LHS, RHS Pipe dumping to the ground behind the lower bumper panel - stealthy and hidden)

It shall be back tomorrow mit neu stainless pipeage, I will post up some pictures of it if anyone is interested. Then I'll need to do a soundbite on youtube.

Started it straight out the extractors on the weekend..................man it sounds like an angry beast..............almost took it for a cane.............logic and sense prevented me from doing so..........

Yes would love to see some pics of the exhaust.

Well at 12.01pm today I had NFI about 40mm IDA 3C Weber carbs. Now at 12.01am I know quite a bit more. Enough that I am going to buy a AFM and start to play with tuning them myself.
Anyhoo I pulled them apart to change gets etc but that all turned to poo when the wrong jets turned up. IDA jets yes. IDA 3C jets no. So I thought bugger this and I'll make the best out of it while I am here. This lead me to thinking what the hell should I do? I know! Airflow is best when there are smoother surfaces for it to flow in. So with this in mind I got to polishing stuff.. Will it add any power? Who knows, probably not but at least I feel like i got something done and its better than watching TV.
IMG_0349.jpg

Equipment.
IMG_0369.jpg

I spent some time smoothing out cast marks and knife edging the pipes.
IMG_0372.jpg

Before and mostly after. It was a bugger doing inside the pipes!
IMG_0376.jpg

Before and almost done. Primaries.
IMG_0379.jpg

Done.
IMG_0385.jpg

You didn't think I would miss the stacks did you!
IMG_0388.jpg

And back on. I'll do the other bank tomorrow. Now I know how to work on them it should take half as long and I wont bother to pull the carb off the car.
IMG_0389.jpg

LOL I know! I've kept it very clean. Mostly to keep it work safe for everyone. I surf PFA during the day at work and P.F at home after work.

Speaking of that I just booked a meeting with me for the rest of the day at home in the shed doing the other side.

I'll be honest to me function always wins over form every time but I thought while I am here I should give it a lick of paint. Paint weighs bugger all and it was very nasty looking.

RSR strap was half the weight of the factory strap.

I've really got to pull my finger out and get the rest of the damn AC out of the car though. Its starting to annoy me.

Love your work Uncle.

I think it need a couple of "no step" decals on the rear wing and the like. Feel free to provide some ideas though.

How about a small chequered flag under the driver side door window for every race victory...like fighters/bombers decorated during ww2.

B-17G-909-Nose-Art.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Now I don't know a great deal, if anything, about JLP motors but I do know...............

That looks very bloody impressive.................

...........and I reckon that guy has been breathing too many petrol fumes........$135K, you reckon he'll get what he's asking?

although, the guy i bought that targa glass from might be parting out his car if he cant be bothered finishing it, 3.3 turbo motor i think - if you're keen (or do you wanna keep cost down and DIY?)

Archived