Accommodation in Sydney for Mid Jan 20

HH1

Folks, I'm looking for a house or apartment to rent for 1 week which sleeps 10 for 6 nights from 22nd Jan. Doesn't need to be in the city, something close to a train station in the suburbs is fine. So far what I've found on some websites requires me to sell a kidney! Any suggestions or anyone with a unit or home available during that period, let me know.  Thanks in advance, Sohan. 

I'd work back off the rail network map if you're ok with the suburbs, a few of them have express services to the city (and airport) which get you there promptly, depends what you want to be around when at your accommodation, each line takes you somewhere different. 

My picks would be T2 (inner west), T4 (cronulla),  T8 or T1 (north shore) - T8 & T4 have the best airport connections though. 

sydney-rail-network-map 

4 hours ago, edgy said:

I'd work back off the rail network map if you're ok with the suburbs, a few of them have express services to the city (and airport) which get you there promptly, depends what you want to be around when at your accommodation, each line takes you somewhere different. 

My picks would be T2 (inner west), T4 (cronulla),  T8 or T1 (north shore) - T8 & T4 have the best airport connections though. 

sydney-rail-network-map 

Thanks very much, that's a great idea. 

I often stay at Park Regis serviced apartments in Cremorne. Just a 10 min bus ride across the bridge into the city.
Also the parking in the local streets around there isn't overly restricted so you can park for free if you like.
Rooms on the harbour side are best and usually have a super nice view of the harbour, heads and bridge.

Great thai restaurant downstairs too. :)

2 hours ago, AdRock said:

I often stay at Park Regis serviced apartments in Cremorne. Just a 10 min bus ride across the bridge into the city.
Also the parking in the local streets around there isn't overly restricted so you can park for free if you like.
Rooms on the harbour side are best and usually have a super nice view of the harbour, heads and bridge.

Great thai restaurant downstairs too. :)

I'll look into it. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, AdRock said:

I often stay at Park Regis serviced apartments in Cremorne. Just a 10 min bus ride across the bridge into the city

I have a place in cremorne in behind the Orpheum that will still be empty around that time awaiting Reno. Challenge is no furniture, but 4 bedrooms  bath and kitchen and in very liveable  condition. Sleeping bags and air mattress 🤣?

agree though very central spot to get around heaps of busses to town or manly if u want the beach.

10 hours ago, Tips said:

I have a place in cremorne in behind the Orpheum that will still be empty around that time awaiting Reno. Challenge is no furniture, but 4 bedrooms  bath and kitchen and in very liveable  condition. Sleeping bags and air mattress 🤣?

agree though very central spot to get around heaps of busses to town or manly if u want the beach.

I've just pm'd you. 

3 hours ago, HH1 said:

I've just pm'd you. 

Nice theatre too, the Orpheum.  Been there many times whilst on business trips to Sydney. @HH1 if you end up there check it out, well worth it as is the Thai eatery across the road.  I think there is an African eatery too which was also different but nice.

5 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Thai eatery across the road.  I think there is an African eatery too which was also different but nice.

Yep both are great, but the wood fired  pizza place in the lane next to the Old O is my favourite. Next time your up try the Indian, nigri’s next corner up from the Thia place toward the city is amazing. Next time ur in town and u have time we can grab a couple of local PFA folk and a bite there.

8 hours ago, HH1 said:

I've just pm'd you

You have mail...

2 hours ago, Tips said:

Yep both are great, but the wood fired  pizza place in the lane next to the Old O is my favourite. Next time your up try the Indian, nigri’s next corner up from the Thia place toward the city is amazing. Next time ur in town and u have time we can grab a couple of local PFA folk and a bite there.

@TipsLove too, but......I am now retired, (sounded like a good idea at the time) so free fortnightly trips to Sydney staying at the Ovolo (formally Blue) in Woolomooloo (which included mini bar in the rate), relaxing in airport lounge on Fridays before the flight home and eating out at nice places, all on the Corp Credit Card no longer happen.  It's like everything, you don't realise how great it all was until it is gone.

On 21/10/2019 at 22:11, Tips said:

Wow, super nice area! Would LOVE to live around there. The cremorne point walk an the McCallum pool is SPECTACULAR!!

Papaya thai used to be one of my fave restaurants when it first opened - not sure what it's like these days?

Went to Radio Cairo recently though (the African place) and it was 100% the worst experience I've ever had at a restaurant.

LOVE catching the ferry from Cremorne/Mosman into the city....   damn I really need to work on that tattslotto win!  :(

@AdRockYep it’s a nice area, we like it as it’s a bit of a village feel and plenty of food and bar options. I’m a short walk from Neutral Bay warf currently and the ferry is a spectacular way to get to work in the city this time of year. I hear you on the price for property around here, it’s either lotto win or a big mortgage, I didn’t win lotto 🙄

18 minutes ago, AdRock said:

Went to Radio Cairo recently though (the African place) and it was 100% the worst experience I've ever had at a restaurant.

Certainly been to the Thai a few times as it’s handy to the theatre. Radio Cairo Im yet to try but have been told by others it’s good, always busy, so appreciate the heads up as it’s always good to get a balanced view. Certainly will put others on my list before I go there.

On 23/10/2019 at 14:44, Tips said:

@AdRockYep it’s a nice area, we like it as it’s a bit of a village feel and plenty of food and bar options. I’m a short walk from Neutral Bay warf currently and the ferry is a spectacular way to get to work in the city this time of year. I hear you on the price for property around here, it’s either lotto win or a big mortgage, I didn’t win lotto 🙄

Certainly been to the Thai a few times as it’s handy to the theatre. Radio Cairo Im yet to try but have been told by others it’s good, always busy, so appreciate the heads up as it’s always good to get a balanced view. Certainly will put others on my list before I go there.

Funnily enough - cremorne and neutral bay isn't too bad on the pricing of apartments - especially when you compare it to anywhere around Surry Hills, Darlinghurst or even Enmore!
House prices though - that's another story! :D

There's also a few awesome ramen places along military road now.  Pretty cool they have a Bourke St bakery over there now too!