Arena Red 1996 993 C2 Manual For Sale in Sydney

wasserkuhl

Greetings,

I have been passively looking at the above car that is on Carsales for a while.

It seems to be perfect and the only C2 manual For sale in Australia.

Anyone know the car? I was thinking about heading over to have a look at it after my 968 CS is sold.

Been for sale for a fair while, not sure why? Price seems to be right for the mileage etc....

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-carrera-1996-12393074?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=1&eapi=2&__N=1246+1252+1247+1282+4294963765+4294963638+898+1216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Price:70000,90000~0.5&sort=default

I would change the "S" engine grille back to std though.....just doesn't look right on a Narrow body 993. (It was to pay Homage to the Twin Grilled 356 C/B T6 Bodied Cars - Pub Quiz factoid)

That vehicle has been there for some time. IMHO Arena Red is a glorious colour when highly maintained and looks very ordinary otherwise.

I am very partial to a good Arena however the rest of the market struggles with the colour.

Varioram, low kms, black interior, very nice condition.......still probably $8-10K too much.

That vehicle has been there for some time. IMHO Arena Red is a glorious colour when highly maintained and looks very ordinary otherwise.

I am very partial to a good Arena however the rest of the market struggles with the colour.

Varioram, low kms, black interior, very nice condition.......still probably $8-10K too much.

Yeah, I was thinking more mid to high 70's dependant on its condition.

Agree, Arena Red needs to be polished and kept uber-glossy to have its best effect.

I would prefer GP white, however I am not spoiled for choice with C2 manuals, have to consider everyone that becomes available.

Its been for sale for some time I believe and I think you guys have hit it on the head. its the colour. I was talking to an independent seller here in Melbourne and he said its the hardest colour to sell and is mostly avoided because of it.

As you say there isnt many options around as far as other cars available....

C

totally agree, i have seen arena red 993's that look terrible then seen a turbo that made my bottom jaw hit the ground..

It doesn't appeal to me for the following reasons:

RSCS kit and its not an RS/CS (Like a chev badge on a commodore)

Clearly been tracked as the rubber and drivers seat indicate "Enthusiastic" driving.

Non Varioram- not that this is a real big issue but hey if you can get it then good stuff.

Overall condition (from the photo's anyway) doesn't shape up to the Arena Red one.

and, price, same price and alot more(hard possibly) K's. This car would be in the High 60's at best.

I am looking for a minter that hasn't been tracked.

I am selling my track car as I don't/can't use it for what it is best used for without losing my driving privelages.

Really looking for more of a GT car that won't depreciate like a SS Commodore and of course, the last and best of the air cooled models.

Thanks for the Link though!!

I hope my above posts dont read too arrogant!

I just have very particular tastes when it comes to porsches and modifying them.what is it with 911s and utter shite aftermarket steering wheels? 930 wings on narrow body carreras? Some cars I have looked at have made me want to hurl!

and I made a mistake, its a GT2 kit not a RS/CS!

I truly appreciate all your comments!

I like that red, but yes you would need to keep it glossy.

Really, though, if you're trying to sell a 90k car at least find a friend with a good camera or pay a local guy $100 bucks to take some nice ones. Snapping with a phone in harsh sunlight is a bad idea. Good photography is about the best investment when it come to selling houses, same applies to cars.

I am looking for a minter that hasn't been tracked.

What constitutes a "minter" and is there a particular budget?

Now and again they do come up in exceptional condition but you may be in the 80s.

I like that red, but yes you would need to keep it glossy.

Really, though, if you're trying to sell a 90k car at least find a friend with a good camera or pay a local guy $100 bucks to take some nice ones. Snapping with a phone in harsh sunlight is a bad idea. Good photography is about the best investment when it come to selling houses, same applies to cars.

I think, perhaps this chap really doesn't want to sell. If anyone is interested in beer tokens and wants to view this car for me and Take some Good Pics It would be much appreciated!

House Vs Cars - I am glad I sold all my property 4 years ago. I would have been down more than the asking price of this 993. Market is in a dark cycle and I prefer cars to property!!!

What constitutes a "minter" and is there a particular budget?

Now and again they do come up in exceptional condition but you may be in the 80s.

Yes. There was a White one in WA on for a while. I guess I always stretch my Budget for the right cars, the ones that "talk to me".

The 993 C2s that come onto the market and appear to be "minters" do not seem to be advertised for long, so one can only assume that they sell for near advertised price.

The demand/supply situation would indicate same.

Indeed, thats why I started this thread as this one has been hanging about like a fart in a Lift.

Yes. There was a White one in WA on for a while.

That was the one with the twists and the grey interior. It was on the market then off and then on again. Low 70s I think and about 90Km.

I enquired first time around, sent me photos then pulled it off carsales.

That was the one with the twists and the grey interior. It was on the market then off and then on again. Low 70s I think and about 90Km.

I enquired first time around, sent me photos then pulled it off carsales.

Yeah, I would have canned the twists and gone back to Cup 2's. or up to Speedline a-la 964 Turbo 3.6.

Archived