993 suspension

BRU

Hey all, I did a search but couldn’t find anything. Have any of the 993 owners upgraded their suspension? If so, keen to understand what you had done, and roughly what costs.. also open to recommendations on what I could do.. 

thanks. 
BRU

thanks Reggie.. I'm tryign to work out my budget, and want to have a decent idea of what to expect based on Aussie experience.. if I was to consider the PSS10's, how much would you reckon it'd run with bushes, and labour?

I suggest you email Gert at Carnewal for a total quote on shipping. You will get pinged for duties so factor that in too.

I found Gert to be the most prompt in response, knowledge and pricing.

FYI. in my experience the PSS10 is an overkill for most owners, but can understand the desire for them. I have PSS10 and also the B6XT set up in another car. No real difference on the road but unable to really compare as one is a turbo and another NA. different tyres, wheel size, tyres, set up etc.

I'd say about $1,000 to $1,500 for installation of bushes, engine mounts and suspension.

Hey bru

using b12 HD bilstens with eubacteria pro sport lowering springs and new new bushes will give you most of what you will ever need

the key after that is alignment and developing your own skills

AH in SYDNEY have done mine over May years and the handling is very sweet on 17s or 18s

could have committed to pss10s  at close to double Price ,  but track results have proved unnecessary in the end

Cheers

4 hours ago, reggiegums said:

I suggest you email Gert at Carnewal for a total quote on shipping. You will get pinged for duties so factor that in too.

I found Gert to be the most prompt in response, knowledge and pricing.

FYI. in my experience the PSS10 is an overkill for most owners, but can understand the desire for them. I have PSS10 and also the B6XT set up in another car. No real difference on the road but unable to really compare as one is a turbo and another NA. different tyres, wheel size, tyres, set up etc.

I'd say about $1,000 to $1,500 for installation of bushes, engine mounts and suspension.

Thanks again, I’ll do that. 

That said, given the aussie dollar right now I’m not sure sourcing from overseas is a cost effective approach.  I would have typically aimed for the US/UK route but the dollar changes that - I don’t see it recovering for a while either!

The main point to my question is to find out what others in Oz have done at what price point.. I’m looking at a quote of circa AUD$9k for PSS10’s, new tower bearings, bump stops, bushes, alignment and labour.. sound right?!

I have PSS10 lowered to RS height in 18s.

On the track or A grade roads they are awesome, but the moment the road quality drops the ride is harsh, although It suits me fine. 

Make certain you throw in some RS engine mounts. 

9 minutes ago, T-Man said:

I have PSS10 lowered to RS height in 18s.

On the track or A grade roads they are awesome, but the moment the road quality drops the ride is harsh, although It suits me fine. 

Make certain you throw in some RS engine mounts. 

Thanks T-man. What are your thoughts on the price quoted?

Also, are engine mounts considered a “while you’re there” kind of job along with suspension, or is it really additional? I’ll need to drop the engine in the next year or so for some other work, I assume it’d make sense to wait til then?

Bought mine when the aussie dollar was almost US parity and fitted myself so not certain on price for fitting. 

Engine mounts arr a totally separate fitting and are very easy. If you're dropping the engine it should be cheaper. 

18 hours ago, BRU said:

Thanks T-man. What are your thoughts on the price quoted?

Also, are engine mounts considered a “while you’re there” kind of job along with suspension, or is it really additional? I’ll need to drop the engine in the next year or so for some other work, I assume it’d make sense to wait til then?

Doing the engine mounts doesn't add a huge cost and it really complements the suspension work.

On 16/03/2020 at 13:38, BRU said:

if I was to consider the PSS10's, how much would you reckon it'd run with bushes, and labour?

You won't get change from $10k once you include labour, Wevo semi-solid engine mounts and a few "while you're in there" things

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Musr agree with reggiegums, Engine mounts best bang for buck.

Ok cool. Thanks. Are there any specific recommendations on what to go for or what to avoid?

44 minutes ago, JV911 said:

You won't get change from $10k once you include labour, Wevo semi-solid engine mounts and a few "while you're in there" things

Thanks. It’s certainly adding up to that, but good to know if that’s the route I take, the estimate I have is about right.. 

If I was doing it again I would get a set of Koni`s and a set of HR lowering springs, at current Pelican Parts prices of about $1300 US  all up and a set of RS mounts for $370 US, you`d be happy as a pig in shit with that set up for a less than 3k Ausie plus taxes of course

1 hour ago, StevepGT3 said:

If I was doing it again I would get a set of Koni`s and a set of HR lowering springs, at current Pelican Parts prices of about $1300 US  all up and a set of RS mounts for $370 US, you`d be happy as a pig in shit with that set up for a less than 3k Ausie plus taxes of course

Thanks Steve. Did you try this set up too?

11 minutes ago, BRU said:

Thanks Steve. Did you try this set up too?

I had the Bilstein HD with the H& R Springs and they worked as well as , if not better than PSS10`s on the road as slightly more compliant, by all reports the Koni`s work very well and I would try that setup if I was doing it now.