Servicing A Boxster?

Digital Mouth

Just about to go thru my receipts for you DM. Mine about 600 k of a major at 144 Thousand clicks.

Should be able to give you a bit of an idea from my time of ownership.

Keeping in mind things sometimes need replacing that are not expected when being serviced.

Also on prior servicing ...was it done on time etc, plus of course driving styles effects cars differently.

I might go thru pads and rotors quicker than you. I have a tip you have the manual I think. Clutches may be an extra cost for you.

Anyways, I will give you an idea of what I have paid out over the 5 years shortly.

I am a bit scared about looking actually.

Ok here we go D.M Over last 5 years and 60,000 k that I have done in car

Servicing $3600.00

Repairs $7000.00 as below.

All done by Porsche centre or independent. Labour and supply of new parts.

Includes

IMS replacement

Alternator

New rotors and pads

Air oil separator

Cooling bottle

Driveshaft replacement

Headlight switch

Rear boot repair. Would not open

Tyres with alignments etc $1500.00 (yoky Advanz)

There are other cosmetic things such as hard top plus paint, car bra, new wheels etc which I have not included

Average about $2400.00 per year. So far.....major service in next fortnight to go on.

I am happy with that I think reasonable for a 12 year old car with k's that are getting up there now.

But runs beautifully.

Hope you appreciate all my homework here DM.

Thanks gents. I'm a bit anal when it comes to keeping all the records on my cars.

I could add up the "1985 BELOVED BLUEBIRD'S" cost over the last 7 years I have had it.....Around $400.00 plus a set of tyres, and the bloody thing runs like a new one.

Also has about the same amount of K's as the Boxster 140,000. I think I have had pretty good value out of that, just about worth while, for putting up with the names everyone calls me for driving it. Even the grand kids hang it on me.

• 4 weeks later...

Ooh reeoowwwwksssssssss

Anyhoo, that's great info you provided Niko. When you come to part with her, the new owner will know they are getting a well loved machine :)

Thanks A, sorry couldn't resist having a crack back there.

Sincerely hope all is sorted now with yours and your enjoying the driving with less of the worrying..

You could always post a picture and give us a look at it, by the way....

All in good fun Niko, I can take it.

I've never been as disappointed in a car as I am with the Mercedes. The other day the centre console lid stuck (which it's been doing since I got it) I gave it a bit of force and the whole thing broke off its hinges, coming away in my hands.

I keep thinking 'this is a $100k plus car'??? Sure it's 6 years old but my VW at 4 yrs of age was leaps and bounds better.

The MB won't be with me long I'm guessing.

Geez Amanda....tell us something GOOD about the Merc! No more doom and gloom stories. Are you coming to Canberra?

Well the Merc is very pretty to look at. The Airscarf and Heated Seats are marvellous in cool weather. It's a lovely car to drive with loads of power. It is a small car but doesn't feel like a small car. I think there's a combination of things going on with it 1) I'm having a run of bad luck 2) some of that bad luck might be due to the previous owner (1 owner car) being rough with the car 3) I had high expectations for Mercedes build quality, and maybe my expectations were too high? 3) the VW was just a really good car and I'm only now realising that 4) the Porsche God is punishing me for not following my dreams....

Also, everytime I've actually allowed myself to enjoy the car.. something else has gone wrong with it! As I said, I think it's bad luck... I'm trying to upload a photo of it now, but firewall might prevent it.

And no, not planning to come to Canberra. We have staffing issues at work, I don't think I could get away to be honest.

I'm so sorry for high jacking this thread... I blame the hairdresser!

EDIT: did you know a new console lid costs $1036.00 ??? WTF

The MB won't be with me long I'm guessing.

That is sad actually. I feel the disappointment pain with you.

Damn....$1036 for a consul lid....CARUMBA.

and don't be blaming Caver.....

...eh??? MY FAULT?????

Ha ha sorry Mate, just sharing the (hairdressing ) load.....Love that dancing avatar of yours by the way....Hmmm have to learn that technology.

Ha ha sorry Mate, just sharing the (hairdressing ) load.....Love that dancing avatar of yours by the way....Hmmm have to learn that technology.

Caver........ Do not show Niko how to do it!!!

I am the one who gave him instructions on using animated emoticons and look what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the Merc is very pretty to look at. The Airscarf and Heated Seats are marvellous in cool weather. It's a lovely car to drive with loads of power. It is a small car but doesn't feel like a small car. I think there's a combination of things going on with it 1) I'm having a run of bad luck 2) some of that bad luck might be due to the previous owner (1 owner car) being rough with the car 3) I had high expectations for Mercedes build quality, and maybe my expectations were too high? 3) the VW was just a really good car and I'm only now realising that 4) the Porsche God is punishing me for not following my dreams....

Also, everytime I've actually allowed myself to enjoy the car.. something else has gone wrong with it! As I said, I think it's bad luck... I'm trying to upload a photo of it now, but firewall might prevent it.

And no, not planning to come to Canberra. We have staffing issues at work, I don't think I could get away to be honest.

is it a Chrysler era Mercedes? I think they let the standards slip during this time

is $1036 from a mercedes dealership? there'll be wreckers out there that'll have one, or even buying one from Imparts should be cheaper than that?

Archived