Porsches wrecked by mechanics

Coastr

Hi Guys

I put my SC in to a local panel beater for some fairly high priced touch up work. When I picked it up 10 days later, it had an extra 240k on the clock, and was minus half a tank of fuel. It also had a damaged throttle cable, (the cable was strapped to the outer of the clutch cable with a plastic cable tie, and not allowing the engine to return to idle, and also some bodgy welding was done around it).

My mechanic who had serviced the car just prior to the panel shop getting it wrote a letter confirming that there was not any throttle cable damage or welding prior to the panel shop getting the car, but when the letter was shown to the owner of the panel shop he denied any usage of the car, or any mechanical repair work was done to the throttle cable or any other area.

Oddly enough, a car show was held that weekend about 100k away. I concluded my SC was driven to the car show,and some mechanical damage was incurred, but of course I have no proof of that.

Where does one go from there? Basically, nowhere. Nothing can be proven. But word of mouth can be an equaliser.

You can never guarantee, that, if you leave your pride and joy in someone elses hands, that it will not get abused. ( Listen to the screeching tyres when your car gets valet parked !!!)

On a humorous note, some years ago I put a new LTD in for service, and it came back two days later with two empty alcoholic drink cans stuffed under the pasenger seat, and four cigarette butts, two with lipstick on them, in the ash tray.

If only that car could talk!!!!

Cheers

Ken

I

Ken, put there name in your thread. Then google searches will bring up your story. These assholes deserve that!

The only way to avoid that (maybe) would be the owner and the shop declaring the odometer reading at the time of the car being left at said shop.. both parties sign the document declaring that reading. Copies to each parties, that can be confirmed when the car is collected.

What a disgrace.

Ken, put there name in your thread. Then google searches will bring up your story. These assholes deserve that!

The only way to avoid that (maybe) would be the owner and the shop declaring the odometer reading at the time of the car being left at said shop.. both parties sign the document declaring that reading. Copies to each parties, that can be confirmed when the car is collected.

What a disgrace.

Well said Amanda.

Ken JUST DO IT......!!!!

What a disgrace.

Could not agree more awit! Such a shame these days that owners of cars feel they need to go to such lengths as install GPS trackers or the likes to cover themselves. I am not against that at all and in fact think its a great idea and I would do it myself.

Guess its just a sad reflection on the way society is heading in general these days :(

What a disgrace.

Well said Amanda.

Ken JUST DO IT......!!!!

I guess we would all like to "name and shame" the culprits BUT, without evidence showing who did the damage, you leave your self open to a big lawsuit. Tread carefully folks.

Hi

As suggested and as much as I would like to "name and shame" , I think that I, and possibly the forum and it's mods. woulld be open to receiving some nasty correspondence from the well known firm of "Sue, Grabbit and Run" if I did, so that won't happen.

The main theme of my post was, from my personal experience experiences, to warn owners to be really careful who drives and maintains their Porsche or any of their other cars.

I think most repair facilities are very careful honest guys, but there is the odd rogue who smears all in the industry

Must go, it's a nice day for a 911SC to find some curves, and clear it's throat.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Ken

Archived