Nice looking car, but...

You would think they should know their cars. They are "car dealers" after all.

So either it is a 3.2 and they screwed the info up, or its a 1979 SC that has had some extra work done. That would be interesting for them. Would love to hear the spin on that!!

chassis no# is 79

more than likely another converted targa

I did think the quality of the roof cover work in the rear seat area looked pretty ordinary.

And a converted LHD car as well as being a lopped-off targa?

Sounds like a real bitser. At $44k I think I'll pass, thanks. Not that I like convertibles anyway. Someone might get some fun out of it, I suppose.

Converted Targa.

Worth more as a Targa.

Why do people do this???

it hurts my eyes.

I always wonder who ends up buying this sort of thing. But then, like jobs and partners, seems there is a fit for just about everyone.

I have no idea why a dealer would get involved with something like this unless they got it very cheap and think they can find someone who doesn't know how to use Google and research cars before buying.

VIN describes a 79 SC Targa LHD for USA, California spec. Someone has spent a heap turning this into a 3.2 wide body cabrio replica.

Must have seemed like a good idea at the time :(

Repaired write off, exported to another country?

There is no accounting for taste. They'll die with it asking that sort of money.

Begs the question though - at what price would a sensible person take it off their hands? Breakup value? Or just 'drive it till it dies' money?

Begs the question though - at what price would a sensible person take it off their hands? Breakup value? Or just 'drive it till it dies' money?

I'm not making any claims to being sensible but I would say somewhere around the low to mid $20k. And I still wouldn't want it for that price.

I'm not making any claims to being sensible but I would say somewhere around the low to mid $20k. And I still wouldn't want it for that price.

I wouldn't want it for that price.

However, some numpty will come along and fall in love with it......It does look ok though.........C3.2 motor, Boxster front Brakes.............wouldn't be a bad thing to have.

I have seen some lovely cars like this one for sale, they present well but they just don't make any sense..............

Fools and their money.....

I have seen some lovely cars like this one for sale, they present well but they just don't make any sense..............

Fools and their money.....

You'd get a really nice boxster for that sort of money. That's the way I'd be going if I wanted a soft top that's for sure. Maybe the missus would like a soft top? Then we could share it. Hmmm. Any excuse to entertain the idea of getting another car lol.....

Archived