CAYMAN CLASSIC Inaugural Mid week event

Niko

Well if you own a Cayman and you missed this one, I suggest you keep your eye open for the next one.

Fantastic day, fantastic roads, Don't know where Mark 1 finds them but we had a ball.

Four of us started out from Maccas in East Doncaster at around 6.30 Mark 1, myself, Mark 2 and Mark 3.    (Mark, Mark, Mark sounding like a dog with a hare lip) 

Met up with David and Ross along the way.   So we had... a , 718S TURBO Blue with black stripes and very noisy, 3 X 981'S and my old outdated 987.2.

A bit of drizzle for the first hour and half or so but the the skies opened up and it was sunglasses on for the rest of the day.

I won't even try to go through where we went.   But if it was a challenging winding road we were on it.   Very rare for us to touch the main drags.IMG_7199.thumb.JPG.f7aea3f1b5df02a742dfdcad47d6415b.JPG

Ok just so you know who is who in the Loo......L to R.   Mark2.    Mark1.   David.   Mark3.

IMG_7192.thumb.JPG.0df27c0b177ef98e2b66cf315e2b9057.JPG

Cars L to R  Mark3, 981S.   My 987.2.   Davids fully specked 981S, Mark2's 981S which sounded magnificent and Mark1's 718 CAYMAN S TURBO...BLUE WITH BLACK STRIPES AND VERY NOISY.

IMG_7194.thumb.JPG.764a1acbb9bb0022bbb01053ae23516c.JPGIMG_7201.thumb.JPG.6a127821440ad75deae56294b8ce6c3c.JPG

Morning tea at Yea.    Sorry gents the shadows really killed the photos of the rest of us

IMG_7216.thumb.JPG.3e98c1b4a33fa5bd941ea178064b82c1.JPG

Roadworks, only hold up of the day......Rsend of Mark2.    I know your asking....XXTHS????? Well it is 10 tenths...Or what has been suggested to Mark2.   KISS KISS THIS🤣

IMG_7217.thumb.JPG.930b3d6aef2213ffcda813f4a0f4432e.JPG

Mark3 in the rear view....

IMG_7224.thumb.JPG.c063c4f845cfe274bd73b6e59de60d42.JPG

Lunch at Broadford.   

IMG_7218.thumb.JPG.4fc0e36fd991a7816e64aa4e04b3770b.JPGIMG_7222.thumb.JPG.5754696e0c3fa37a02c7f92ade5607ac.JPGIMG_7225.thumb.JPG.cb30300d3ded6fc31ce9051b29b8d9b0.JPG 

I covered just on 500 K's for the day with about 400 of those on the spirited drive.   Went through 53.95 litres and loved using every drop of it. 

Thanks for the planning and the drive Mark1.   Had a great drive.   Nice meeting Mark 2 and David and Ross.   Always a pleasure Mark 3 (Grimmy) 

Oh and an interesting fact 4 out of the 5 were running Michelin PS4S's and all agreed they are the best tyre we have driven on....

The fifth car was on PZeros

Thanks Niko,

Great tongue in cheek commentary and photos always appreciated. Great bunch of Marks, oh and David and Ross on radio.

By the way Niko, just for the record, it is not a 917 but a 718 Cayman S Turbo (say's it on my plate).  DOH !  🙃

They are actually designated a 982 model on the VIN number just for those of political correctness persuasion.

4 hours ago, 9fan said:

Thanks Niko,

Great tongue in cheek commentary and photos always appreciated. Great bunch of Marks, oh and David and Ross on radio.

By the way Niko, just for the record, it is not a 917 but a 718 Cayman S Turbo (say's it on my plate).  DOH !  🙃

They are actually designated a 982 model on the VIN number just for those of political correctness persuasion.

Yes sorry mate, big doh on my behalf.   I actually done it all with the correct numbers for your car on a  post that took me about twenty minutes..then a thing for adobe Flash popped up.   I deleted that and poof...my entire post for PFA disappeared.   So the second post went on quicker and I was just about asleep at the computer, I have missed my nanny nap today....  

So apologies..it is even written on the back of your car...

anyway post fixed 

2 hours ago, Niko said:

Yes sorry mate, big doh on my behalf.   I actually done it all with the correct numbers for your car on a  post that took me about twenty minutes..then a thing for adobe Flash popped up.   I deleted that and poof...my entire post for PFA disappeared.   So the second post went on quicker and I was just about asleep at the computer, I have missed my nanny nap today....  

So apologies..it is written on the back of your car...

718 CAYMAN S  F#ck*%g TURBO........Blue with black stripes   and noisy exhaust......is that better?  I have fixed the post ......

Am I forgiven?

You have atoned yourself Niko, sleep well.  😴

Many thanks to Mark for his awesome route & ability to keep us together that made for a brilliant drive - I stumbled across an important realisation as I washed my car this afternoon and that is that road grime acquired on a drive like we enjoyed today is somehow more noble than everyday road grime!

1 hour ago, nytelfer said:

Many thanks to Mark for his awesome route & ability to keep us together that made for a brilliant drive - I stumbled across an important realisation as I washed my car this afternoon and that is that road grime acquired on a drive like we enjoyed today is somehow more noble than everyday road grime!

Thanks D, Will have to dirty your car again Neighbour !

Gents, I did a 500km loop from g town to Yarra valley, reefton spur and lake mountain but to be honest it was 80% transit and just 20% white knuckle, albeit the spur / lake mountain road was brilliant.

if it is not a secret do you mind sharing (just between friends) as I never associate broadford as being Cayman territory. Would love to add some new routes to the list.