Luftwasser 2021: NSW CONVOY - Friday March 5th - single source of info

Attn: All those heading to Luftwasser from NSW, and/or keen to join in for the drive down on Friday March 5th.

I'm starting this thread in an attempt to create a single source of truth for the various pockets of drivers coming into Luftwasser from different areas in NSW... 

edit (26/2): see below posts for detail of any convoys, I think most arrangements have been made offline or via the Discord chat. Post a reply here if you're keen to meet up but not sure where to head.

For those coming from in and around Sydney on Friday... I'll be meeting a few at Bunnings Crossroads at 7:30am for an 8am departure, then heading to Jugiong via Goulburn, Crookwell and Boorowa, arriving at Jugiong at 12:30ish for lunch where we'll meet up with @Port 911 and crew and head on to Wodonga via some nice B roads... let me know if you plan to join us at Bunnings so I know to keep an eye out for you.. 

edit (4/3): Confirmed final meeting place as Bunnings Casula (Crossroads) car park, 7:30am for an 8am sharp departure. Please arrive fully fuelled and ready to roll. First stop will be @MFX's place in Bowral around 9am, then onto Crookwell. Bring a CB radio if you have one. My mobile is ZeroFour24600759 in need.

22 hours ago, BRU said:

Attn: All those heading to Luftwasser from NSW, and/or keen to join in for the drive down on Friday March 5th.

I'm starting this thread in an attempt to create a single source of truth for the various pockets of drivers coming into Luftwasser from different areas in NSW, with a view to trying to get a convoy together for those that can make it. The idea will be to identify a route, meeting points and time windows for those that want to join. Don't feel like you have to travel with this group, but feel free to jump on the bandwagon if you prefer.

Let me know if a convoy is something of interest. I will aim to update this as I get more info and we get closer to the date.

So far I am loosely aware of the following broad groupings of those joining from NSW, from furthest away to closest based on rough google map timings, depending on chosen route, stops etc. In terms of when we can expect to arrive in Wodonga we'll also need to consider how long it may take to get across the border.

Far north NSW coast group 10-12 hours to event.

• Coordination lead:(me @Port 911
  • Likely meeting point TBC
  • Time 6.30 - 7.00 am can be adjusted to try and meet up with others further down the line, within reason.
  • Route TBC

Newcastle group 7-9 hours

• Coordination lead: TBC (Carlos?)
  • Likely meeting point TBC
  • Time TBC
  • Route TBC

Sydney group 5-7 hours

• Coordination lead: Adam (me, @BRU)
  • Likely meeting point Crossroads Bunnings
  • Time TBC
  • Route TBC

Canberra group 3.5 - 5.5 hours

• Coordination lead @michel (TBC, is that OK?)
  • Potential meeting point, Goulburn or Yass
  • Time TBC
  • Route

Are there any other groups to represent?

Who can be on point for coordinating each group? I'm happy to take coordination lead across all groups.

We'll figure out route and times etc, but in the meantime any key other things to consider?

For those in ACT/NSW  and interested , meet at  YASS CALTEX on highway . before heading further south. to Jugiong for lunch at Sir George or, Long paddock.

Jugiong to Luftwasser approx 3 hours taking a few backroads 

12:30pm Yass Caltex . depart 1pm at latest 
https://goo.gl/maps/cNv6CHkvHW3VdHaFA

Jugiong lunch 1:30 -2:30pm 

then drive off highway on some B roads  to luftwasser 

Anyone intending to come ,  unable to meet Yass or lunch, just be  at jugiong  2:30pm.

If you want to connect send me your mobile and or load the APP DISCORD on your phone . It’s Set up well for group chat 

cheers 

Cool, that does make it easier. We’ll probably be heading through mittagong around 10- 10:30.. we’re aiming to meet a few guys at Bunnings Crossroads then head down to meet up with the rest at Jugiong.

Thinking about heading to jugiong via crookwell from goulburn then onto boorowa and to jugiong if you’re interested in joining that loop.. prob be at goulburn by 11. Otherwise we’ll probably just meet you at jugiong.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2021 at 00:07, BRU said:

Cool, that does make it easier. We’ll probably be heading through mittagong around 10- 10:30.. we’re aiming to meet a few guys at Bunnings Crossroads then head down to meet up with the rest at Jugiong.

Thinking about heading to jugiong via crookwell from goulburn then onto boorowa and to jugiong if you’re interested in joining that loop.. prob be at goulburn by 11. Otherwise we’ll probably just meet you at jugiong.

Depending on if Michel needs any drivers we will jump in with you guys as you come past Mittagong .

On 07/02/2021 at 09:37, michel said:

For those in ACT/NSW  and interested , meet at  YASS CALTEX on highway . before heading further south. to Jugiong for lunch at Sir George or, Long paddock.

Jugiong to Luftwasser approx 3 hours taking a few backroads 

12:30pm Yass Caltex . depart 1pm at latest 
https://goo.gl/maps/cNv6CHkvHW3VdHaFA

Jugiong lunch 1:30 -2:30pm 

then drive off highway on some B roads  to luftwasser 

Anyone intending to come ,  unable to meet Yass or lunch, just be  at jugiong  2:30pm.

If you want to connect send me your mobile and or load the APP DISCORD on your phone . It’s Set up well for group chat 

cheers 

Ok so we are now looking to have some of the ACT & NSW crews meet up at the Yass Service Centre by 11.30am.

By moving everything forward an hour is will just help lessen the chances of any encounters with wild life as we get closer to our destination.

So Lunch at Jugiong would be between 12:30 to 1:30pm. Then some back roads from there to boarder.

Feel free to chime in so we know to keep an eye out for you.

Cheers Rick aka Port911

For those coming from in and around Sydney on Friday... I'll be meeting a few at Bunnings Crossroads at 7:30am for an 8am departure, then heading to Jugiong via Goulburn, Crookwell and Boorowa, arriving at Jugiong at 12:30ish for lunch where we'll meet up with @Port 911 and crew and head on to Wodonga via some nice B roads... let me know if you plan to join us at Bunnings so I know to keep an eye out for you.. 

BRU

39 minutes ago, MFX said:

Also for the Sydney crew coming down. You are welcome to come past my place and have a look at the 'Home Built' HQ depending on if you have time or not. We will need to leave my place at around 930.

Thanks MFX! Remind me where you’re located?

6 hours ago, MFX said:

Bowral, so along the way.

As we will get to Mittagong on Thursday around mid afternoon, was hoping to catch up on the Thursday afternoon if possible as we will be leaving Mittagong early Friday morning. 
cheers Rickie

26 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

What route are you taking from Jugiong?  If you come in east at Gundagai up through Tumut, Batlow and Tumbarumba and then across to Albury - the driving is a treat and only about an extra hour over the Hume.

I think @michel has a route in mind. I will be just hollowing the leader. 🙂

Hi all... hope you're all showing up in force on Friday from NSW... Has anyone looked at the VIC border crossing requirements in regard to COVID? Am I interpreting it right that we need to apply for this border entry permit thingy?

6 minutes ago, sjoerd said:

Hi all... hope you're all showing up in force on Friday from NSW... Has anyone looked at the VIC border crossing requirements in regard to COVID? Am I interpreting it right that we need to apply for this border entry permit thingy?

Indeed we are!! Yes, you’ll need a permit. You need it printed too so plan ahead 👍🏼 

FWIW I was working the border area between Eden and Mallacoota last fortnight and there were no road blocks, police or impediments to skipping back and forth... just had to have a copy of the pass if asked.  NSW has committed to not closing the border and Victoria is beginning to relax - touch wood it should all be okay.  The only thing we'll notice is the mask requirements - still pretty strict and unfamiliar to us.