Pick up new 718 Cayman this Saturday -any advice please

Manxome

Hello

I pick up my first ever Porsche on Saturday from a dealer, a new 718 Cayman.

I would really appreciate any general advice related to Porsche eg what to check, a question you wish you had asked and the useful ones you did???

Exciting times!

Ta

Congrats, it will bring a smile to your dial. Let us know the options and ad the photo. Nothing to check really.

Just ask them to show you how to access if battery dies, how to reset tyre pressure sensor.

A simple consideration is to ad mesh to the front air intake, just zip tie to the outside - stops leaves and gravel from going inside the grill, They sit low so film protection on the front is good.

Cheers 🙃

Thank you for the tips and welcome.

Will post a photo when it is home. It's PDK. Hoping I won't regret that - I'm happy manual driving but most recent car was a Tesla Model X and did lots of autopilot driving so thought it would be safer to automate to an extent this time. Brain can learn new tricks still but it is so easy to be distracted when driving. I'm hoping that the 718 will be such a great experience I will be just thinking about driving and the car.

Most things standard, with the carbon interior package, sports tail pipes, folding mirrors and keyless entry.

Has anyone contributed to Porsche Impact? Thought I might do something like that given that I'm going from electric back to petrol. Don't have a big enough back yard to plant more trees!

• 3 weeks later...

PDK is really smooth, quick and looks after things - selects best gear and revs depending on drive mode selected and you can't over rev on paddle up or downshift. If you are coming into a corner you can down shift to be early on acceleration (listening to the snap, crackle and pop) or upshift early out of the exit.

• 5 months later...
On 02/02/2021 at 21:34, Manxome said:

Hello

I pick up my first ever Porsche on Saturday from a dealer, a new 718 Cayman.

I would really appreciate any general advice related to Porsche eg what to check, a question you wish you had asked and the useful ones you did???

Exciting times!

Ta

Hi Manxome,

I'm looking at ordering a new 718 as well. I'm just wondering if you're happy with the car and the sound of the boxer 4 ?

Also, can you advise if you managed to negotiate a discount from the dealer when you bought the car and if so, how much ?

cheers

Hi Chappoaj

No much advice I can give with the dealer I'm afraid but I have heard of people trying interstate if they have a residence there.

I am very happy with my 718- favourite car ever. Yes love the sound! It's the whole experience and how it handles. Did a day at Eastern Creek and the car had an even better day that me there- just loved the track and slalom. It doesn't accelerate like my Tesla and there are fewer gimics than the Model X but I am not missing them. It does feel like I have bought a very expensive toy (in the joy factor) but it is worth every cent.

IMG_4881.jpeg

2 hours ago, Manxome said:

I am very happy with my 718- favourite car ever. Yes love the sound! It's the whole experience and how it handles.

Told you it would bring a smile to your dial. Great colour too !  🙃