FS 996 Mille Miglia Exhaust

So today I learned that the 996 C4S exhaust is 'just a bit different' from the C2 😕

I grabbed this pair of s/h Millie Miglia stainless steel cans from Daniel at DParts.  I cleaned them up this week with some steel wool and polish ready to install today - but after pulling my originals out, I find that the tips are in the wrong spot for the C4S/Turbo rear bumper (and are not adjustable).  FML.  They are in good used condition - heat blemished and have a little rattle (like there is a small amount of gravel in them).  Tips are lovely and highly polished.  I have not run them, can't tell you how loud or obnoxious they are - but on the few Youtube vids I could find, they seemed civilised.

I know I could get them adjusted etc... but CBF.

So offered up here first - Asking $1k which is what I just paid - plus a heap of elbow grease.  Located in Port Macquarie but can freight (to give you an idea, I just paid $80 for freight from Melbourne).

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0552.jpeg

IMG_0553.jpeg

IMG_0554.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpeg

IMG_0557.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Simonk said:

Weird! My Fisters off my C2 are now on a C4S. Maybe they were ok because of the adjustable tips? The exhaust manufacturer s certainly don’t differentiate between the two models.

Originals have an articulation point which I suspect either adjusts or allows for different tips depending on the model and fister/gundo will make no difference.  But the C2 exit point is definitely wider than the C4 on the bumpers, so adjustment is necessary.  Easy on originals.

IMG_0549.jpeg

IMG_0550.jpeg

14 minutes ago, michel said:

Bring em too Luft - start of the boot sale

I am already going to have a pretty full car, but I could bring them if someone commits to buying...

Hi John

From memory the actual exhaust muffler is the same for C2 & 4S the difference on the last photo above is the pipe (length & shape) which carries the Tips.

I did a PSE mod/hack on my old C4S which is essentially a "j" shaped pipe welded to the blanked hole on the left (opened obviously) & cut into the middle pipe at the elbow and welded. Wider the pipe louder the noise. Cost me less than $300 at local shop here in Cairns (drop off). Good sound. Using your last pic as ref.

2 hours ago, Arnage said:

Hi John

From memory the actual exhaust muffler is the same for C2 & 4S the difference on the last photo above is the pipe (length & shape) which carries the Tips.

I did a PSE mod/hack on my old C4S which is essentially a "j" shaped pipe welded to the blanked hole on the left (opened obviously) & cut into the middle pipe at the elbow and welded. Wider the pipe louder the noise. Cost me less than $300 at local shop here in Cairns (drop off). Good sound. Using your last pic as ref.

Yep, that's what I worked out - but the Millie Miglia don't have the exit pipe pivot like original.  I have a welder and can weld etc... but I was hoping for just a straight bolt on change over :(  There are many more C2s than C4Ss so I'll try to move these and recover my costs.  Then I may think about the gundo/fister thing.

Sorry I know you said you were gogin to move these on, however IMHO you;d be much better off adjusting these. I have the IPE exhaust on my C4S and they sent the wrong tips. The difference is only the tips and everythgin else is the same. And that difference is marginal at best in terms of distance. As you noted, you could  work out a fix and the stainless MM mufflers will be better than the older stock items. Same amount of less work than the Gundo hack too I woudl imagine.

Sorry, just adding to the peanut gallery commentary.. :)

1 hour ago, 911CSR said:

Sorry I know you said you were gogin to move these on, however IMHO you;d be much better off adjusting these. I have the IPE exhaust on my C4S and they sent the wrong tips. The difference is only the tips and everythgin else is the same. And that difference is marginal at best in terms of distance. As you noted, you could  work out a fix and the stainless MM mufflers will be better than the older stock items. Same amount of less work than the Gundo hack too I woudl imagine.

Sorry, just adding to the peanut gallery commentary.. :)

Perhaps you're right.  I'll look into it I guess...  Just a bit worried about finding a decent local tradie.

I hear you, but the work is pretty small and if you have or want to use the standard tips, it might be easier than you think. By cutting off the current tips, keeping the pipe as long as possible, you may be able to use the the standard tips in a slide joint type arrangement.

If not then a good fab operator should simply be able cut and extend the pipe work to accomodate the slightly different mounting in the C4S wide body over a stock C2/C4 narrow body

• 1 month later...

Bumping these back up - I managed to find another set of mufflers to suit my C4S

So to reiterate, these are for the 996 C2 - the outlet isn't adjustable (the difference is in the distance between the outlets on the C2 and C4S).

I'll also drop the price to $800 plus shipping.

4 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Bumping these back up - I managed to find another set of mufflers to suit my C4S

So to reiterate, these are for the 996 C2 - the outlet isn't adjustable (the difference is in the distance between the outlets on the C2 and C4S).

I'll also drop the price to $800 plus shipping.

You need a car cover.  

12 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

You need a car cover.  

I was looking veeeery closely :D  I do have a nice non OEM I use, but it was for my old AC car an is a bit tight on the water pumper.  Perhaps if I move these... ;)

4 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I was looking veeeery closely :D  I do have a nice non OEM I use, but it was for my old AC car an is a bit tight on the water pumper.  Perhaps if I move these... ;)

Mine won’t make the back of your car look like a plumbers arse.  Just saying ... 

20 hours ago, luzzo said:

hmm... do tell..?

Pair of Cargraphic copies popped up on ebay (can't find any branding), so I grabbed them - they have the factory type exhaust flange so my original C4S ends bolted up perfectly.  I fitted them up yesterday and they seem okay, but I haven't had a proper drive.  If they're awful at least the factory units are out of the car and I can gundo/fister them.