WTB. 996 Turbo

Joz

^^ very blue😳

wonder about its history?

CS has 7 996tts listed.

A few imports amongst them.

Slim pickins.

3 hours ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Most everything has sold over the past 3 months.  I'd suspect a manual Aust Coupe is north of 145k, cheapest one listed was at 149k and they ranged up to 165

Yep I’ve noticed that to.

But have found many sold well under advertised $$.

though for the coin being asked I really want something I’d be comfortable with and making excuses about things like weird color combos.

I tend not to chop and change so really wanting things that tick more of my boxes.

Shopping in the price range is not to easy for me and buyers remorse sucks.😊

14 minutes ago, Joz said:

^^ very blue😳

wonder about its history?

CS has 7 996tts listed.

A few imports amongst them.

Slim pickins.

Yep I’ve noticed that to.

But have found many sold well under advertised $$.

though for the coin being asked I really want something I’d be comfortable with and making excuses about things like weird color combos.

I tend not to chop and change so really wanting things that tick more of my boxes.

Shopping in the price range is not to easy for me and buyers remorse sucks.😊

There's that navy blue tip on CS for $109k (just jumped up from $99k). They paid $85k for it so could be some good wiggle room

3 minutes ago, JLD said:

There's that navy blue tip on CS for $109k (just jumped up from $99k). They paid $85k for it so could be some good wiggle room

Cheeky buggars!

Thanks yes I went to see it. Was very excited about it for a while but lost a bit of interest after seeing some nicer cars.

I know they nearly sold it but the finance fell through.

55 minutes ago, Joz said:

Cheeky buggars!

Thanks yes I went to see it. Was very excited about it for a while but lost a bit of interest after seeing some nicer cars.

I know they nearly sold it but the finance fell through.

Out of interest what wasn't right with the navy blue one?

I did a deal on another one recently, but I did keep coming back to look at it online wondering why it hadn't sold yet.

I ended up with a seal-grey tiptronic which was my preferred colour.

image.png

3 hours ago, Mashy said:

I did a deal on another one recently, but I did keep coming back to look at it online wondering why it hadn't sold yet.

image.png

Not sure really.

It was my first TT that I went to inspect, it was shiny but had some small paint issues. Nothing major, I think I became infatuated short term.

Now I'm not sure what Lorbek (which is around the corner from this car) does but all their cars seem to be superbly presented. This was by the front door of a warehouse on a major road, perhaps it was just dust, or perhaps the paint was not as perfect, bonnet stone chips and a scratch on the rear pillar or lack of  quality detailing , who knows? They wouldn't even start it let alone let you test drive it claiming a flat battery.

But after inspecting some others I saw that were just presented better, again who knows?

BTW, I've learnt to love silver, your car looks great!

On 15/05/2021 at 19:37, Joz said:

They wouldn't even start it let alone let you test drive it claiming a flat battery.

Well that's a red flag. If someone's trying to sell a $100k odd car you would think the least they could do would be find some jumpers and start the bloody thing. :Confused02:

I would be walking away from this one with zero regrets...

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/05/2021 at 15:38, Mashy said:

image.png

Beautiful car and love the colour!

whats your initial impression? how are you finding the tiptronic?

If possible upload some more pics 

Interest in the Tiptronics is picking up from folk who don't  want the worry and expense of clutch and slave cylinder replacements on the manuals handling all that torque. I know of several people actively looking for Tips. I would probably never buy a Tip on a NA 996, but on the Turbo it really matches the torque curve well.  These are great cars and the TT "Metzger' motor is only one of its party tricks, the AWD is the other.  Nice wheels KOV-Turbo Twist?

On 16/06/2021 at 19:41, kov said:

Beautiful car and love the colour!

whats your initial impression? how are you finding the tiptronic?

If possible upload some more pics 

Hi Kov, Initial impression of the car is it's more capable than I.  The tiptronic feels like a perfect match for the motor.  Haven't driven a manual turbo, but I'm sure the manual works just as well.  I probably had a slight preference to find an auto but it was never going to be a deal breaker.

We have a customer with a manual 996 Turbo S cab. that he is considering selling, but not planning to put on the market.

• Aust. delivered 996 Turbo S (2004) with 70,000km 
  • Convertible with hardtop option
  • Manual
  • Back metallic, ceramic brakes + lot's of options

Please DM if seriously interested