PS4 shortage

Frank

Due to the world wide pandemic , there are shortages and out of stock items on a whole range of products , tires included , email Michelin they may have an idea of when the next shipment will arrive , major global problem at the moment with everything .  

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Due to the world wide pandemic , there are shortages and out of stock items on a whole range of products , tires included , email Michelin they may have an idea of when the next shipment will arrive , major global problem at the moment with everything .  

I have emailed them twice and not heard, was thinking someone here might work in the industry and have some insider knowledge.

5 hours ago, Frank said:

Hey guys

Does anyone here have any clue as to when the PS4 265/18/40 be back in stock if ever or if the PS2 is better choice.

I just need rear tyres as the fronts are new.

Thanks in advance

Frank my brother works in the tyre industry so I asked him for you, he said Michelin have the PS4 on backorder in that size and are struggling for stock. He is in Dandenong and has the PS2 N4 in stock at that size. 

18 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

Frank my brother works in the tyre industry so I asked him for you, he said Michelin have the PS4 on backorder in that size and are struggling for stock. He is in Dandenong and has the PS2 N4 in stock at that size. 

Thanks mate, I can get the older PS2 but not the matching for the front PS4. there are 2 PS4 S in australia as well but that is more track orientated.

I just got an email from Michelin Australia who send me this:

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your enquiry.

I have checked stock in our national warehouses, and locally we don't have any but I see that QLD has 2 units available.

If you are keen to get those, you can place an order through a Michelin authorised dealer. Please visit our website to see which dealer you wish to visit.

They are talking about the S version though.

(Not the size you're asking about, however) I ordered PS4S front and rears for my 996 Turbo today. Rears arrive tomorrow from Brisbane but fronts are on back order and are 6-8 weeks away. Best guess is the size you're after are also 6-8 weeks away.

15 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

(Not the size you're asking about, however) I ordered PS4S front and rears for my 996 Turbo today. Rears arrive tomorrow from Brisbane but fronts are on back order and are 6-8 weeks away. Best guess is the size you're after are also 6-8 weeks away.

Thanks mate

I have a order placed and secured 2 PS4S in my exact size which were a return item.

Giddy up

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Go with the PS4S if you can get them.  Phenomenal wet or dry on roads.  I put them on mine this year (19" though) and they are just mind blowingly good.

When I bought my car is had something like 9 year old pilot sports on the front (very hard) and new Nangkangs on the rear.  Overall it was reasonably balanced grip wise, with the car tending to understeer a little.  I ended up getting new PS4S for the front and then the crappiness of the nangkangs became clear.

I wore the nangkangs out in about 10,000km and then put PS4S on the rear as well and now the car has grip limits that I typically dont explore on the road as it is much higher than my personal fear limit.  It does tend towards slight understeer though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2021 at 09:10, Gnrnr said:

Go with the PS4S if you can get them.  Phenomenal wet or dry on roads.  I put them on mine this year (19" though) and they are just mind blowingly good.

When I bought my car is had something like 9 year old pilot sports on the front (very hard) and new Nangkangs on the rear.  Overall it was reasonably balanced grip wise, with the car tending to understeer a little.  I ended up getting new PS4S for the front and then the crappiness of the nangkangs became clear.

I wore the nangkangs out in about 10,000km and then put PS4S on the rear as well and now the car has grip limits that I typically dont explore on the road as it is much higher than my personal fear limit.  It does tend towards slight understeer though.

I found the same, even with traction OFF, it has phenominal grip.

The ride has improved out of sight too, just goes to show that the same tyre with date stamp 2614 has deteriorated so slowly that only once new shoes are fitted, does it highlight what they are capable of.

Long live the PS4s

On 11/01/2022 at 09:04, Frank said:

I found the same, even with traction OFF, it has phenominal grip.

The thing that really gets me is how good they are in the wet.  I can drive highway speed in nearly any conditions and never have an issue even when hitting deepish water patches.  The car might pull one side or the other with the drag, but it never looses grip.

I bought a first car for my daughter a couple of weeks ago that was up in Sydney and drove it home in the rain.  That has Nexen tyres on it present (same size as my fronts 235/40/19) that are bald.  It was terrifyuing driving it down the Hume.  The front wheels were full on aqua planing on me at least 5 times on the way down.  At some points I was down to 80km/h and it was still terrifying with the lack of grip from those tyres.  I'd like to fit some PS4S to it, but it'll need to wait a while before i get around to sorting it out for Rego.