Shannons pre auction breakfast

Arne Krix

We got the invite from the BMW Club Victoria , and 7 am sharp , me and and a good number of petrol heads , both , Ladies and Gents , were greeted by the friendly Shannon staff. After some chatting , coffees and brekkie , we started looking at all these beautiful cars , coming up for auction. The highlights for me were a red 4.2 E Type , a red Jensen Interceptor and a salmon colored Thunderbird. A number of Porsche cars on offer , sensibly priced , if i may say so. 45-55K for a Carrera 4S convertible sounds all right to me. Some lovely older Holdens , Mustangs , etc, felt like a kid in a lolly shop. All that excitement talking to the experts and adoring cars got me all hungry again, The Naked Racer came in handy for a second brekkie and some Motorbike Eye candy. A good way to start a sunny weekend.

sha1.jpg

sha2.jpg

sha3.jpg

sha4.jpg

sha5.jpg

2 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

where exactly?

You realize : no photos , it never happened,,😅😅

Portland down on the west coast  of Vic Arne, I realise photograph evidence must be presented,  Will head back down this ' Arvy when a few of  the bin chooks have dispersed. :)

50 minutes ago, Arne Krix said:

some lovely cars in the West. Love that Burned orange ( If that is the color) Torano. Not too sure about the yellow wheels on the Etype....😄

It's looks OK,  Yea but Na. :) The Bathurst 73 Torana is the the joby that ran out of fuel on the last lap and the boys pushed it home giving Moffat the win, They had a lap on him before the fuel was gone :(

1 hour ago, tomo said:

It's looks OK,  Yea but Na. :) The Bathurst 73 Torana is the the joby that ran out of fuel on the last lap and the boys pushed it home giving Moffat the win, They had a lap on him before the fuel was gone :(

I remember Doug Chivas pushing the car uphill in pit lane, the poor bloke almost collapsing whilst the team just had to watch