Anyone Know This Car For Sale?

Hello All!

Newbie here in the market for a nice M491 Cabriolet if I can find one!?

Still looking and considering others as well.....

I came across this car, apparently ex Porsche Presidents car, originally a 1971 SC Targa/ US Import, now Frankensteind into this...

A lot of work has gone into it over the years, so appreciate your thoughts on this car?

Is it worth the $$$ considering what it was, and what its is now Or would I be better investing in a numbers matching, non molested car such as a 85-88, 911 Carrera Cab??

Used Cars in Carss Park - 1977 PORSCHE 911 (prestigemotorgallery.com.au)

1 hour ago, EMan said:

Frankensteind

Nailed it. :)

You used the word "investing" - but I assume you don't actually mean that... because I don't think this particular car is a good investment. Not to my eyes anyway.

I know the market is crazy, but don't buy the wrong car simply because it's available. Bide your time and find the one that fits your particular requirements.

Good luck with the hunt!

Something like that 1977 SC Targa/ US Import, now Frankenstein is not going to hold its value , if your after a car that will appreciate then buy and Australian delivery car in as original condition as you can find .

In regards to the blue slantnose 1977 cab if your just buy it as a fun car and its mechanically ok then sure take a good look at it and contact Ron Goodman as he did the paint and body work on it and ask him the relevant questions about it Ron is a Porsche guy and  could offer a honest opinion about the car .. 

Contact Bob Whyms who did the engine and trans and ask his views on the car also ...

This seems to be a reasonable  price if everything is as good as they say. The car has a known identify, so its not trying to fool people, as everyone knows what it is. You could pay this price for a Torana or Monaro  and not have a pleasurable driving experience.

The car collectors/dealers will outbid you for any original Australian delivery car that comes up. There were never many of these anyway and I suspect all have been sold/bought at least once in the current gold-rush.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2022 at 13:25, EMan said:

Hello All!

Newbie here in the market for a nice M491 Cabriolet if I can find one!?

Still looking and considering others as well.....

I came across this car, apparently ex Porsche Presidents car, originally a 1971 SC Targa/ US Import, now Frankensteind into this...

A lot of work has gone into it over the years, so appreciate your thoughts on this car?

Is it worth the $$$ considering what it was, and what its is now Or would I be better investing in a numbers matching, non molested car such as a 85-88, 911 Carrera Cab??

Used Cars in Carss Park - 1977 PORSCHE 911 (prestigemotorgallery.com.au)

It was bought for about 40-50 k less about 12 months ago 

I sold my targa Dan Resto deluxe Resto roof kit to the guy who must have sold it to this dealer ?

has had a shit tonne (ton) of money spent on it by a prev owner 

get a special wishes hardtop or after market and lots of hot wheels karma to be had