Nurburgring 24hr 2022

Raven

This weekend is the Nurburgring 24 hr always an awesome event full of hard racing and drama ..

will post up streaming details when the even starts tomorrow , I am hoping for a Team Manthey win 

Qualify so far 

18 hours ago, Raven said:

I am hoping for a Team Manthey win 

Oh dear 😳 That was a biggy! 

And his own brother was in the other car. Dare say the next family dinner will be interesting. Glad the marshalls weren't hurt

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Oh dear 😳 That was a biggy! 

And his own brother was in the other car. Dare say the next family dinner will be interesting. Glad the marshalls weren't hurt

Yeh such a shame simple touch and catastrophic results dawn they hit the marshall point hard :wacko:

https://motorsport.tv/embed/NHbxmoY9-big-crash-as-dries-and-laurens-vanthoor-collide-going-into-tiergarten

11 hours ago, Raven said:

Yeh such a shame simple touch and catastrophic results dawn they hit the marshall point hard :wacko:

https://motorsport.tv/embed/NHbxmoY9-big-crash-as-dries-and-laurens-vanthoor-collide-going-into-tiergarten

it's a shame Manthey don't run two cars for this reason. I try to watch the whole race each year, however it was hard to do so this year, with your favourite car out within 4 hours!

Its a tough race and goes to show no matter how well funded you are or how well you are prepared shit happens and the best teams can get put out of the race from no fault of their own .

The one that always blows my mind at the Ring is you can have a 2 klm section of the 25 klm track that is pouring rain and the rest of the track is dry .

How do you pick a tire for that and negotiate such diverse conditions , along with the number of cars on track and the differences in speed and skill from the PRO drivers to the humble amature it truly is one of the greatest tests of man and machine . 

Well done to the Team Phoenix Audi R8 , I am certain Dries Vanthoor and Laurens Vanthoor will have some interesting conversations in weeks to come :Chuckle2:

A223017-full.jpg

I thought the Manthey driver could have waited just a little longer to pass his brother, as he had superior speed. Oh well, what's done is done.

The 'Ring is bonkers, and the speed difference between the pro's and amateur drivers was huge, and I saw some very hairy moments when a pro came upon the much slower cars. They all definitely earn their money there that's for sure 

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

I thought the Manthey driver could have waited just a little longer to pass his brother, as he had superior speed. Oh well, what's done is done.

The 'Ring is bonkers, and the speed difference between the pro's and amateur drivers was huge, and I saw some very hairy moments when a pro came upon the much slower cars. They all definitely earn their money there that's for sure 

Yeh I kinda wish Laurens Vanthoor had off rolled of the throttle and let the Audi go , there would have been plenty of  opportunities in the following 20 hour to get the place back , but the split second decision not too was paid with a heavy price and the Audi eventually went on for the outright win , the 24hr at the Ring is on my bucket list to go see first hand..:Beer: