Gertrude (Gertie)

Mttel

9 hours ago, AndrewM said:

Where did you purchase the Oz Racing RIMs from? Was wondering what price you paid for them, and how expensive they are to Porsche OEM RIMs... A quick look an 18" Porsche wheel will cost approx. $2800 per wheel incl. tax.

Thanks!

@AndrewM got them secondhand off gumtree about a year ago think circa 2.5k,  came with tires that had plenty of tread but were 12 years old so they went in the bin. Cost $1k to get them refurbished as the paint was chipped and a bit of gutter rash.

9 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Suspect the clock plus the 3D printed part probably cost less than the original infill panel from Porsche!!  I bought 2 of them to cover off on some stuff I was doing with a phone mount on my old GT3, wasn't cheap that's for sure!!!!!

Clock was $120 online, initially purchased an old VDO circa 1970s but it was about 5 mm to big to fit the moulding (if anyone needs a VDO clock DM me) so picked up the SAAS unit online. The moulding was circa Aud$265 landed from US.

7 minutes ago, Mttel said:

Clock was $120 online, initially purchased an old VDO circa 1970s but it was about 5 mm to big to fit the moulding (if anyone needs a VDO clock DM me) so picked up the SAAS unit online. The moulding was circa Aud$265 landed from US.

OK, so not cheaper then......   At least you got a lot more plastic for your money than I did with the OE unit!!!!   Probably not too bad though, looks good 🙂 

10 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Suspect the clock plus the 3D printed part probably cost less than the original infill panel from Porsche!!  I bought 2 of them to cover off on some stuff I was doing with a phone mount on my old GT3, wasn't cheap that's for sure!!!!!

Infill panel is not that expensive:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364411571368?epid=3041876954&hash=item54d89f4ca8:g:YGQAAOSwoJFk1ZmP&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0LGMjFWfXANP8MPy0CA0hBOR8XP4RUqGVwCa7VyGh%2FfKun%2BWxNvt2%2FHHHQUwgnR%2B50%2FBN7%2F1CEgmpcFkjFHOrVLMBli4B%2Fz3CibWh2SXaUbw8g6W2Zvy%2BMw0C9JYF0JPoRiP%2FfWxI5si1B4VWXEat3PMqY2bp1g7eTiI0g3UEay933AK%2B92p2%2BlAM9dfmF0PJORajdT9bfPsF1fehX7ELY3KmdyYY1sp0BDVbaz0rIsXmjXrq8HyVTz6%2BO0ZavZmiZJlysh5ubppcSfSzeqEzSA%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7rsg6jNYg

• 2 months later...

So thanks to Edwardstown Body Repairs got the spoiler painted, side skirts tidied up painted and installed, side decal and some grazes polished out. Overall pretty happy with the results so far.

Given current pricing trends have over capitalised on mods a bit so time to stop for a bit, well maybe a window tint to finish off.

and not sure if it’s considered a tramp stamp or not.IMG_6171.thumb.jpeg.5f0a97abe894ea6504438d7343d4a47a.jpegIMG_6177.thumb.jpeg.14742d38c850a4f951110c2c11b8dd3c.jpegIMG_6174.thumb.jpeg.5794f768d03cdce25f7ff6fd37139d3b.jpegIMG_6162.thumb.jpeg.ae1aefddb37f639b854ecbafc1cbdf4b.jpeg

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

Looking good mate 👍

EBR repaired my car after I stacked it. Mark is an artist with a hammer and dolly

Mark was a pleasure to deal with, reasonable and accomodating + lots of interesting repairs and projects in the shop.

9 minutes ago, Mttel said:

Mark was a pleasure to deal with, reasonable and accomodating + lots of interesting repairs and projects in the shop.

Yeah he was great with me when Shannons weren't being that cooperative with my "choice of repairer" and wanted me to take it to some dodgy backyard 'repairer'. 

They've got a very long waiting list I believe, as being a Classic Porsche preferred repairer they've got no end of full resto work