Saratoga Glass Sunroof for 944s

944 Geek

Hi all, I have just received a beautiful Saratoga glass sunroof from Fesler USA - the agent for Pilkington that makes them. 

https://www.feslerusa.com/products/porsche-saratoga-glass-top-electric-actuated-version-oem

It was US 550 plus US 350 DHL. Freight is normally cheaper but the world is weird at the moment. It got to Maroochydore in about 7 days.

Michelle at Fesler was really helpful. If you want this fantastic transformation for your 944 they are the people to talk to!

944 Saratoga.jpg

I purchased one last year from Frank Zappa on facebook prior to Fesler offering them, they are a bit noisier than the original roof at full highway speed but a great view from the inside looking out.  I did also tint the standard bronze glass so that is matches my other tinted window colour and helps reduce Summer heat as there is a noticeable difference as JB mentions.

9 hours ago, itsujack said:

How easy is this to swap out, I imagine you could change it back to stock for summer relatively quickly??

It only takes a few minutes to change back, but once you have the Saratoga in you won't want to remove it, the ups out-way any potential downs.

On 25/07/2022 at 14:32, JB911 said:

Make sure your A/C is working 100% - It'll be hot as in summer with all that glass.

Looks great though 👍

Yep I have a custom AC system that cools very nicely but I will go for a tint to cut the heat down further. I love driving with the top off but it is a bit noisy so this gets me both benefits!

On 25/07/2022 at 15:17, Stepo said:

I purchased one last year from Frank Zappa on facebook prior to Fesler offering them, they are a bit noisier than the original roof at full highway speed but a great view from the inside looking out.  I did also tint the standard bronze glass so that is matches my other tinted window colour and helps reduce Summer heat as there is a noticeable difference as JB mentions.

Yep I will get a  matching tint but I have a custom AC system that chills the world down much better than stock!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Casablanca said:

That sounds ok, has anyone used Tinthaus? I found this online and I was wondering if anyone has tried them: https://www.tinthaus.com.au/services/vehicle-window-tinting/?gclid=CjwKCAjw6raYBhB7EiwABge5KsVNbAL8k_u5qW9pKfL2vfx4tyKfcyJ-Wt2Ef0K1fSHJpOQ2E8PBdxoCMM4QAvD_BwE# for Window Tinting in NSW.

So bloody obvious spammer